Sheep pict thread

Uffda, that is a great ram 191. Did you really draw the governor's tag. Damn, lucky day for you. You sure made the most of it. Congrats!

bighorn,
awesome ram! BTW you look familiar, you ever been in a hunting magazine with some deer? I'm thinking whitetails??

Yes, I wrote numerous articles for the Eastman's Journal from 1994-1998. Also wrote for Big Game Adventures for a while and had Huntin Fool publish a few antelope and deer stories.

Yes, I wrote numerous articles for the Eastman's Journal from 1994-1998. Also wrote for Big Game Adventures for a while and had Huntin Fool publish a few antelope and deer stories.

Nice Nice, I also think I saw a story about a CO elk hunt or article. Eastman's is where I must of saw it. I never forget a face hahahahah :D

BTW welcome to the site.

I hate all you guys... I've been sheep hunting 3 times (only once with my tag) and have yet to see a dead one on the ground. Maybe this will be the year?

Keep coming back to this thread. I need to get drawn again this year or head to the Brooks.

Here's a pic of my Dall I took in the Yukon Aug. '09. I hunted with Dan Reynolds and had a magnificent hunt! My guide Franklin Ross showed me a heck of a good time, saw lots of sheep, and even chased two grizzlies downstream in an Argo. Dan has perfected the art of growing/maintaining old rams and they will not harvest a ram that is less than 10 years old. My ram was 15 years old, had no teeth at all-not even molars. Dan took 10 rams this year and the average age was 12.2 years - he won the Yukon award for oldest age avg. for sheep. They are all great people and I cannot imagine going anywhere else...I'm going again as soon as I can!

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,184
Here's my Stone I took in 2006 with Gundahoo River Outfitters and Chad Lenz guide.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,187
Great thread and pictures guys!!!
My first Dall taken in 2005, toughest hunt I've ever done, 45 miles with loaded packs in 4 1/2 days. 37 x 14 with a wide flare.
Story here http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=227904

Sheep.jpg

Sheep14.jpg

Fall 2009 rams. Buddy's went 34.75 x 12.5 mine went 35 x 13.5 Storry here http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=241093

Friend's ram
09SheepHunt13.jpg

My ram
09SheepHunt19.jpg

Johnnie helping out
09SheepHuntWalker.jpg

You guys have assembled an incredible and inspirational bunch of photos on this thread. Probably one of the best threads I have ever seen on the internet. I might add some of my own here pretty quick.

this is my buddy matts ram he killed it in 2009 in northern Wyoming not sure of the size just thought it was a good ram.

Attachments

• matts ram.jpg
    matts ram.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,012
Heres a photo of a ram that my friend Tom shot in Idaho in 2008. I helped him with his ram tag in Montana in 2004, already posted those pictures. Tom and I have done several hunts over the years together, and its always a good time. Never hunted with a guy that has such a positive attitude and has more fun.

Anyway, was driving down the road one day and got a call from a very excited Tom. He had drawn the Idaho sheep raffle tag!

I was invited to go on this hunt, but just couldnt swing it with some bad timing with other things I had going on. I regret not making that hunt as it sure sounded like a good time.

Anyway, I think his ram was around 182 or so. I believe this picture may have been in the Idaho hunting regs for advertising the raffle. Tom's just an average guy that applies all over for tags and some raffles here and there.

tomsram2_1.jpg

Great ram of Tom's. I wish I still would have been living up there at the time just to see if I could have tagged along. Somehow I've spent a ton of time in the area he hunted and never have seen a truly big ram.

Buzz, is that photo at the kill site or was it moved to there?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back