Yeti GOBOX Collection

Shameless request

"His heart is in the right place."

Nobody disputes that. It's his head that's in the wrong place ... which likely enables his stepdaughter to develop similar attitudes.

'Just saying.

I always understood that Kids, even 20 year old kids were off limits. You might catch me and Jose having a Keyboard arguement, but we will never bring our Kids into it.
.....As you were. John

in·de·pend·ent   /ˌɪndɪˈpɛndənt/ Show Spelled[in-di-pen-duhnt] Show IPA
adjective
1. not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself: an independent thinker.
2. not subject to another's authority or jurisdiction; autonomous; free: an independent businessman.
3. not influenced by the thought or action of others: independent research.
4. not dependent; not depending or contingent upon something else for existence, operation, etc.
5. not relying on another or others for aid or support.

,,,just sayin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I wonder if that "independent" girl and/or her stepdaddy have ever heard of getting a loan and then paying it back instead of trying to scrounge money up on a hunting website. The OP was not using his noggin when he made that post IMHO!

"His heart is in the right place."

Nobody disputes that. It's his head that's in the wrong place ... which likely enables his stepdaughter to develop similar attitudes.'Just saying.

think she was like that before they passed the health care and said it was OK for yung'uns to stay with the folks until age 26?;)

Well, I see nothing wrong with begging! In fact, I'd like to go Alaska Brown Bear hunting with my bow. It's been my life long dream hunt, and I think it's time I went. The only problem is I'm short around $15,000.:eek:

Go ahead and call me any name in the book, just so long as you send some dough. I'd like to go next year, and I will take lots of pictures, and write a little story on Hunt Talk when I get back.

So you can send checks or whatever you like. All donations will be accepted, and used on the hunt. What's left over I'll donate back to the next "Independent" hunter looking for a freebie.:D

Well, I see nothing wrong with begging! In fact, I'd like to go Alaska Brown Bear hunting with my bow. It's been my life long dream hunt, and I think it's time I went. The only problem is I'm short around $15,000.:eek:

Go ahead and call me any name in the book, just so long as you send some dough. I'd like to go next year, and I will take lots of pictures, and write a little story on Hunt Talk when I get back.

So you can send checks or whatever you like. All donations will be accepted, and used on the hunt. What's left over I'll donate back to the next "Independent" hunter looking for a freebie.:D

You forgot to add a sob story to make us all feel bad for you so that we send you money. Maybe your dog is dying and your dog's last wish is for you to shoot a monster Alaska Brown Bear.

The dude has almost 1,400 posts on Hunt Talk... I don't think this is a "scam". Just a plea... Sure, he might be looking for quite a bit of assistance, I would go as far to say he is looking for a handout, and he used the term "independent" quite loosely BUT good God, he just got rode pretty damn hard... you guys going from saying his stepdaughter should not have a nose ring, she has developed an "entitlement" attitude from her stepdad (dis both of them), and saying how the healthcare reform has helped her being even more of a freeloader off society and her parents...WOW, are you guys kidding me?

This is what I get for spending 3 hours packaging fish last night...

Does anyone have a comercial grade vacume packer they'd like to give me? I really need one...

you also forgot to add a pic of yourself with a sneer on your face, that really warms people's hearts and opens their checkbooks.

Shoots-Straight, with all this help and advice you will be in Alaska in no time chasing Brown Bears.

Allow me to respond, politely, which is more than I can say for some of your comments.

Nikster asked for History...well here it is.

My wife had a horrible car accident a few years ago, crushed by a commercial truck, and has not been able to work since, never will again. Just her ongoing medical bills sum up to $k's a month. We're lucky she's still with us.

And YES, my stepdaughter IS working... two jobs this summer, so She can pay her way through college. Every dollar she makes either goes toward college, or helping her Mom. She Could have gone on the Government dole, but has stood up and chosen to WORK instead, which is more than I can say for Millions of young people her age !

I hope all you Bashers will take note that She was not the one to post this thread, 'I' did. This is a once in a lifetime trip and she is doing whatever she can, to not burden her family. It's her dream. So what ! She took some go-ahead and sought out methods to finance the trip.

Did SHE ask 'you' to donate? NO ! I did. But some of you have taken direct aim at her, not ME, without knowing any of the circumstances. At least Noharleyyet and Draftstud had the brass sacks to not cast aspersions without the facts. (Thanks Guys, I know there are still some Good Men still on here now)
To those others, look at your ring finger, then the one next to it and point it at yourself !!!

Now, with all that said, IF anyone else would care to 'gift' a young lady, do so out of your generousity, and nothing more, and for that I will thank you.....I'll not re-visit this thread again, and Randy I would prefer that you delete the post than have it go any further..

Last edited:
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back