PEAX Equipment

Sh*t our wives do...

We kind of have an unwritten agreement that I donā€™t give her chit for any of her faux pas and she doesnā€™t give me the same for my inability to do things like schedule Drs appointments, book flights and hotels, return phone calls, etc. the balance has def swung waaaay in her court over the years with my screwups compared to her occasional ā€œodd useā€ of hammer and duct tape
Iā€™ve been wondering what a thread from the other side of the court would look like. I know my wife would have a list.

As for the OP, I do nearly all the cooking in our house. I like to do and am good at it, but itā€™s also a sort of necessity. The first meal my wife ever made for me early in our dating, I watched her pour an entire bottle of Italian dressing on a chicken and pop it into the oven. I really liked her, and so I knewā€”oh shit, Iā€™m going to have to eat that and pretend itā€™s good.

My wife of 35 years knows how to manipulate, just the veiled threat of 'do you want me to fix that?' is sufficient enough for me to break open the tool box.:ROFLMAO:
Yesterday she bought a cordless Makita hoover, battery not included, now I don't have a battery in my Makita drill, has she just scored on own goal?:ROFLMAO:
Or should I be worried that she actually knew where my drill was:ROFLMAO:
Cheers
Richard

My wife is an awesome chef and has been involved every step of the way with our house and she is good. I built this cabinet and she stained and put finish on.

Attachments

• F16CC1C7-D40A-4F07-8C68-E17DF32A8CBB.jpeg
    F16CC1C7-D40A-4F07-8C68-E17DF32A8CBB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 110
  • D2202077-3F2F-4F67-B1E4-C0B061E448B1.jpeg
    D2202077-3F2F-4F67-B1E4-C0B061E448B1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • 8402F374-682D-4588-9459-6CC12E1D4D9B.jpeg
    8402F374-682D-4588-9459-6CC12E1D4D9B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • 22DDE6A2-1F16-4BD0-956A-11BA8C10340F.jpeg
    22DDE6A2-1F16-4BD0-956A-11BA8C10340F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • 955C2ED5-0B44-46AC-B5CA-1027A386A7E8.jpeg
    955C2ED5-0B44-46AC-B5CA-1027A386A7E8.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 111
Her tablet should be on a table. So she searched for ones she liked. I said we could build one cheaper and better. She said ok what do I need to do. I laid it all out and showed her how to put it together

View attachment 173923
She

View attachment 173925View attachment 173926
She did a fine job.

View attachment 173927

Now she is building #2 for the other dog.

View attachment 173928View attachment 173930
Yes, a fine job. I simply collapsed the crate when not needed and slid it under the couch. That is a great idea but I don't have the space.20201010_112021.jpg

Mine helps shoot, quarter, pack and butcher game, fishes with the best of them

The one WTF moment was when I was changing oil in both cars in parallel. She helped by putting the drain plug back in my mustang and cross threaded it. Luckily she got it to seal and I didn't know til next oil change

Iā€™m lucky, my wife wouldnā€™t dare attempt a home improvement project.

I do play ā€œRescue Chefā€ with some regularity when she attempts to cook, though šŸ‘©ā€šŸ³šŸ’„šŸ”„šŸš’

I'm not really allowed to do any work that people can see. She's a perfectionist (gets it from her father) and I live by the phrase, "good enough." So she does the "creating" like shelving, tables, benches, etc, and I splice extension cords for long term use, solder copper pipes by trial and error, constantly fix my own irrigation, and when I'm really on my game I'll build a small shed or three.

The only things a can tease her about is her inability to properly surf the internet. It's painful to watch.

I'm extremely lucky..a good woman picked me and puts up with many learned and practiced faults, which I mostly rationalize as, bygod that's just the way I am, til she calls me on it. It's worked for 38 years...I ain't goin nowhere.

My favorite ā€œ home repair ā€œ story is my wife text me while I was at work and asked if we had any Sheetrock putty. I asked why and she being several months pregnant with our first child and in a fit or raging hormones had kicked something into the door and put a dent that she wanted to repair herself. I got a good laugh out of it. Cant complain too much she was willing to take responsibility for her own actions. šŸ˜…

Donā€™t worry boys, the wives have loooong lists, and we never forget.

Iā€™m fine with learning through failure but itā€™s easier on both of us if he just teaches me how from the beginning. After 17 years, we have settled on the following truths:

1) Iā€™m the brains and heā€™s the muscle (he came up with this one);

2) construction is his department, finish work is mine;

3) I am just as capable on most tasks, but it takes longer and thereā€™s less bleeding when I do it šŸ¤£

Back