Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a lot of unanswered questions regarding Ryan Busse and and his role in advising public land policy. I want distinguish myself from the OP of this thread as I am not sure or accusing RB of being a coward. Although I agree with some of the OPs points, I am not he and I am not interested in titles for RB at this time. I did however post a direct connection as to why RB impacts myself and other public land sportsman and some examples of the types of questions a lot of sportsman and shooters are concerned about in regards to RB.

None of those questions or the committee I expressed concern about were address whatsoever. In fact, I was politely told that relevent forum members were too exhausted to consider and post about such topics. Reading through this thread, it appears many members have had the opportunity to rest and recuperate following their difficult tasks in resource management. It appears that with their new found energy, many forum members vigoriusly agree with many of the points of view of Ryan Busse. In fact, I suspect many of those tired members were not so tired because if it was Mike Lee that was being discussed, knives would be out.

Interfacing with the public and public service in resource management can be exhausting, I can relate having spent well over a decade in the field as well. I can also tell you that many of the people that are concerned about topics such as those addressed by that committee also work in exhausted careers and are relying on public resource managers legislators to do their job with public funding and not deprive them of recreation opportunities.

Let us more closely examine Ryan Busse and the committee to understand the source of some of my concerns and questions. I am hopeful since many forum members can help discuss these topics.

First, as I had mentioned, Ryan Busse is the shooting sports representative on the committee. Did NSSF or some other shooting sports org endorse or recommend him? Which groups? Did he consult NSSF or those groups? Did he submit their comments? Since a podcast with NSSF and RB was done, the level of agreement and collaboration should be apparent and easily answered.

Second, why was not a single comment or thoughtful rebuttal offered by anyone on that committee regarding banning lead ammo on certain public lands other than "We can look at incentives". Ryan had not a single unique comment to the committee on the very topic he is supposed to be representing. In fact none of the supposed people in hunters corner had anything to say. Looking over the list, I can spot 3 immediately from my VERY limited knowledge of the outdoor industry community. Land Tawney BHA president..silent. Lydia Parker, friend of Randy Newberg, silent. Ryan Busse, friend of Ryan Newberg, no new comment other than repeating Joel Webster. Did I miss it? Certainly seems like the Center for Biological Diversity showed up ready to kick ass. Ryan...not so much. I am sure i could expand on that list with a minimal amount of research. Randy Newberg did the interview, its unpublished. We have no answers. If the answers are out there. Where?

Did Ryan or any of those committee members consult Randy Newberg or other resource managers and did those comments make it in? Is he really a good rep for shooters? Is he going to keep rolling over and playing dead everytime a party line issue comes up? Kinda seems like a conflict of interest to me to be taking anti 2A money and represent the shooting industry at the same time. Why's it not disclosed on the listing? I would like answers from his friends and colleagues here on the forum.

Like I said, I am an amateur in this area, but if I understand this situation correctly, that committee played direct advisory role in the banning of lead ammo on a bunch of wildlife refuges or other public areas. More concerning is the fact that more or broader lead ammo bans for public land appear to a priority of the Democrat party and this administration. An administration that so many of the resource managers or influencers on this forum clearly or openly support. A goal of broader gun control that so many appear to support.

My family has used Noslers flagship bullet, the partition, for multiple generations when we have the need for a premium bullet to efficiently harvest game. We use many other lead bullets in a variety situations as well. When I view the publicly available presentation from that committee, it almost looks as though the Nosler Partition and its foundational concept was being directly referenced. I bet Nosler has some similar questions about committee members and comments.

I am not opposed to incorporating copper bullets into my shooting and hunting supplies, but the fact is it will be quite costly to do so. Those bullets are expensive as is load design and testing. In fact, BHA acknowledged the cost to sportsman when NY banned lead on public land. The fact is that cost is prohibitive for many people with lower income. It prevents people from both hunting and shooting, which I was under the assumption this forum was in favor of. If Ryan Busse is going to parade around collecting pay checks through anti-2A promotion and organiztions then he should not be representing shooting sports in an official capacity and he sure as hell shouldn't be listed as unaffiliated. Maybe forum users here and public resource managers here consider that ethical. I don't.

My family has used Noslers flagship bullet, the partition, for multiple generations when we have the need for a premium bullet to efficiently harvest game. We use many other lead bullets in a variety situations as well. When I view the publicly available presentation from that committee, it almost looks as though the Nosler Partition and its foundational concept was being directly referenced. I bet Nosler has some similar questions about committee members and comments.

I am not opposed to incorporating copper bullets into my shooting and hunting supplies, but the fact is it will be quite costly to do so. Those bullets are expensive as is load design and testing. In fact, BHA acknowledged the cost to sportsman when NY banned lead on public land. The fact is that cost is prohibitive for many people with lower income. It prevents people from both hunting and shooting, which I was under the assumption this forum was in favor of. If Ryan Busse is going to parade around collecting pay checks through anti-2A promotion and organiztions then he should not be representing shooting sports in an official capacity and he sure as hell shouldn't be listed as unaffiliated. Maybe forum users here and public resource managers here consider that ethical. I don't.
1686073496445.png

Back in character as jk:
“Now um, mr wllm, when you say these numbers are on the rise...
Do these numbers from the past, do they include deaths at war,
World war 2, Vietnam?”
“Hmm These studies only go back to 1999. Look like somebody’s trying to pull the wool over our eyes like a barn cat on a screech owl.”

Thank you for your helpful response. I will order these and begin shooting at wildlife immediately.
Lead is illegal for waterfowl, as far as rifle bullets prices aren't pretty comparable. Mostly a price issue for upland if you don't want to use steel. Bismuth et al is pricey.

For your average deer hunter though you're looking at maybe... maybe an extra $20 a year which doesn't hit the mark for unethical in my book.

Personally I switched over from swift-A frames to hammers. Bullets shoot great, are available, and have awesome customer service. It's nice when handloading to be able to actually talk to someone.

Lead is illegal for waterfowl, as far as rifle bullets prices aren't pretty comparable. Mostly a price issue for upland if you don't want to use steel. Bismuth et al is pricey.

For your average deer hunter though you're looking at maybe... maybe an extra $20 a year which doesn't hit the mark for unethical in my book.

Personally I switched over from swift-A frames to hammers. Bullets shoot great, are available, and have awesome customer service. It's nice when handloading to be able to actually talk to someone.
Thank you for these recommendations. I will consider them as I explore incorporating copper in my shooting supplies.

Second, why was not a single comment or thoughtful rebuttal offered by anyone on that committee regarding banning lead ammo on certain public lands other than "We can look at incentives". Ryan had not a single unique comment to the committee on the very topic he is supposed to be representing. In fact none of the supposed people in hunters corner had anything to say. Looking over the list, I can spot 3 immediately from my VERY limited knowledge of the outdoor industry community. Land Tawney BHA president..silent. Lydia Parker, friend of Randy Newberg, silent. Ryan Busse, friend of Ryan Newberg, no new comment other than repeating Joel Webster. Did I miss it? Certainly seems like the Center for Biological Diversity showed up ready to kick ass. Ryan...not so much. I am sure i could expand on that list with a minimal amount of research. Randy Newberg did the interview, its unpublished. We have no answers. If the answers are out there. Where?

Are you referring to the petition submitted by CBD to the USFWS?

I get it wasn’t trying to argue man. I’m sure we all agree that the formulation of definitions and certain assumptions go along with or help develop the facts. The chart only said “injury” which is presumably different from (broader than) “gun violence”. So I was curious to know the definition of injury. I assume it includes violence, as well as suicide (cue mental health issues), negligent discharges etc.
My bad, yeah it includes all causes self-inflicted, accident, homicide. You can go on the CDC website and it will breakdown everything specifically if you are curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you referring to the petition submitted by CBD to the USFWS?
It is related to that. Kylah Staley from that org specifically discussed it in the council meeting. If I am understanding it correctly, it is a summary of the petition

Listened to RFK Jr.'s 2 hour long twitter session this morning. I had previously stated he was probably anti-gun, and I was incorrect.

Lots of good discussion, but, he specifically said he wouldn't go after guns, as that would continue to drive wedges when so many see the First Amendment under fire, e.g. twitterfiles, that he had no desire to attack the 2nd.

He talked about hardening schools, but also studying the effects of SSRIs on kids; he noted we never had school shootings before Prozac; obv only a single variable, but one never studied as Pharm controls most broadcast media and the NIH/FDA. He didn't cite it as causal, just wanted studies. Good luck with that when, as noted, most biomedical studies are funded by Pharma.

Tulsi Gabbard was there too. That would be an interesting ticket if the Dems ever allow a debate, which I doubt.

On the scary side, he said offshore windpower is killing whales but there's lots of wind in places like Montana.
Saying things that make sense in government is dangerous, doing things in government that make sense will get you killed.

Are the podbay doors open yet? They say AI speech/ChatGPT can't be distinguished from actual human expression. I think we all know now it can be done, at least with the iteration in use on this thread; rapid acquiescence to accept jokes as reality (pricey Nosler bullets), and "begin shooting at wildlife immediately". Might want to wait for hunting season, Hal.

Kept waiting for the Canadian guy to recommend his paper plate trick so he could say, Thank you, Dave, I will begin to incorporate that into my waste disposal repertoire.

Back to the OP. In my opinion Ryan Busse is many things, but definitely not coward. To make a public stance like that after a career in the firearms industry is anything but cowardice. Traitor…… maybe, depending on where you sit. Grifter….. possibly, but it’s really hard to measure someone’s intentions unless you know them well. However, as a stated “proud gun owner” I would point out to RB a most recent statement from the head of his chosen political action organization, Giffords, calling for a nationwide gun ban and buyback ala Australia.

If you think the advocates for “common sense gun safety”, want just that, I think you may have misjudged their intentions. Maybe initially it is background checks, registration, and red flag laws but it appears firearms ban/confiscation/buyback is the long term goal for many.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back