Ryan Busse. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan knows I have different opinions of the gun issue, in terms of its political leverage and ways to protect gun ownership. I feel the gun control advocates adhere to a same litmus test of absolutism and is used the same way, just a mirror, as how the NRA has jacked much of Republican politics. I enjoy jousting with him about the different ways we view the topics.
Randy, be sure to set the website firewall to Defcon 1 once the Gifford / Biden PR teams selectively spin soundbite quotes to their flavored media outlets. This is the choice Busse made. Yours? Not your first rodeo. Looking forward to it.

Reminds me of the NY Times article about your wolf hunt and the *Karens within comments, though now including those from the Anti 2A coalitions. Haha! Had to search for this thread...

What I'd like to hear from Busse - does he agree with all of giffords positions? If not, which does he disagree with and why? I'd like to hear what he thinks is reasonable in regards to ammunition restrictions and how he as an "expert" would explain what constitutes something being considered "unusually dangerous" ammunition like "armor-piercing handgun ammunition, 50 caliber rounds, and Black Talon bullets" that need such special attention.
Are those actual questions or statements? What would you do with answers to them?

Wow, that's like I'm writing English, and you're hearing QAnon.

Carry on.

Yup, anyone who doesn't believe Democrat Montana politicians, might suck up to a Democrat activist, who sits on the board of a Democrat org that donated to democrats, obviously subscribes to Q Anon.

Nailed me

Started reading his book last night. Trying to stay objective and read and process it, rather than think of a rebuttal for anything I disagree with. I want to know what he says, and where it comes from myself, rather from "talking points" from either side. A huge issue these days is the tribalism of the R vs D tribes, and discounting whatever someone who isn't in your tribe says.

Are those actual questions or statements? What would you do with answers to them?

They are fair questions.

"Common sense" tells us a 30 shot mag, should be banned. So do we only care after 29 people are shot?

"Common sense" tells us the "2hiy rule" should ban a gun.

So is a plastic stocked hunting rifle with detachable mags, and threaded barrel lead to a ban? Gifford's does.

Easy to hit the NRA. Obviously few of you have visited the Gifford's website

Started reading his book last night. Trying to stay objective and read and process it, rather than think of a rebuttal for anything I disagree with. I want to know what he says, and where it comes from myself, rather from "talking points" from either side. A huge issue these days is the tribalism of the R vs D tribes, and discounting whatever someone who isn't in your tribe says.
Biggest problem with this thread.

The dude who started it, ain't R or D.

Which is why the QAnon crap misses, the Trumper crap misses.

The dude who started it, went and read WHAT Giffords says on their own site.

The dude who started it saw who is on the board.

The reason it's gone long enough that Fin is podcasting it, not banning it for the R vs D crap, is because it can't be that easily dismissed.

As much as he's friends with Ryan. I'm guessing he is well aware of Giffords

Yup, anyone who doesn't believe Democrat Montana politicians, might suck up to a Democrat activist, who sits on the board of a Democrat org that donated to democrats, obviously subscribes to Q Anon.

Nailed me

Yep, it makes more sense than your post asserting that various cites were giving bail for every person arrested.

I'm about half way thru the book. I can already tell you my pant leg is drier when reading the book, than when reading some of your posts.

Yep, it makes more sense than your post asserting that various cites were giving bail for every person arrested.

I'm about half way thru the book. I can already tell you my pant leg is drier when reading the book, than when reading some of your posts.
Did I say "every"?

Or did you have to add that so you can play straw man.

"Top 10 US Cities with Highest Murder Rate [Report 2022]" https://usabynumbers.com/cities-with-highest-murder-rate/

See if you can connect the dots.

Biggest problem with this thread.

The dude who started it, ain't R or D.

Which is why the QAnon crap misses, the Trumper crap misses.

The dude who started it, went and read WHAT Giffords says on their own site.

The dude who started it saw who is on the board.

The reason it's gone long enough that Fin is podcasting it, not banning it for the R vs D crap, is because it can't be that easily dismissed.

As much as he's friends with Ryan. I'm guessing he is well aware of Giffords

You didn't start a thread about Giffords, but about Busse. The only way to make a truly informed statement about what his book is about and the stance he takes in the book is to read the book.

I'm not R or D, and when it comes to the 2A, I'm fully on board with the "shall not be infringed" Because the 2A is about protection from the government more than anything else.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”​

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Another big reason I'm reading the book

You didn't start a thread about Giffords, but about Busse. The only way to make a truly informed statement about what his book is about and the stance he takes in the book is to read the book.

I'm not R or D, and when it comes to the 2A, I'm fully on board with the "shall not be infringed" Because the 2A is about protection from the government more than anything else.

Yeah. Can you point to any other board members who are members here?

I e said several times. I won't reward him financially for his turn.

He can send me a free book, looks like it increased his sales.

I don't need to read a PETA board members book to know I don't support them.

Busse is choosing his interviews, he's putting that out

Last edited:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”​

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Another big reason I'm reading the book

Go read Gifford's site after

I knew when I started this, I was touching fire.

I knew EXACTLY which dudes would come running to his defense.

So far, most of them did.

I knew I'd hear the all the excuses. I knew it all.

Those guys, exposed their own hypocrisy.

None of those Montana guys, who rushed to the defense of A GIFFORDS ORG BOARD MEMBER, are so even handed, and thoughtful about my states clowns, like Mike Lee, Rob Bishop, Ken Ivory.

None of you know them. None of you attend their speeches. None of you subscribe to their mailings.

Yet EVERY ONE OF YOU had no problem slamming them, attacking them, going after them.

So before the next guy tells me "to read the book", or "he's not going to take your semi auto", or my favorite "Q Anon", perhaps look at yourself and realize, you go after those whose PUBLIC statements and associations, oppose what you believe in, and not one of you "know them".

I was a member of BHA.

When BHA decided development of public land was OK as long as it was Solar farms and Windmills, but not oil rigs, I LEFT.

I DIDNT GO TAKE A PAYCHECK FROM RHE OIL LOBBY.

I can understand a change in beliefs.

But when those changes include a paycheck, or in Busses case, multiple paychecks, its not unfair to look at that with a lot of skepticism.

If Randy or Steve Rinella, join PETA tomorrow, and start taking checks from them, I'll take the same shots at them.

Actual questions. I wouldn't do much with them besides feel further informed on whether or not anyone should be sticking up for him and whether its worth wasting mental energy reading or listening to anything he has to say.

Maybe it just hurts a little more when you've got walking talking poster boys in guys like Busse for the green decoy type smear campaigns.

It's telling when people get all high and mighty about rappers singing about shooting people, or even (gasp!) cops, but will no doubt all sing along to Jonny Cash saying how he "shot a man in Reno just to watch him die" or how he "took a shot of cocaine and shot my women down."

Bens SNL Drunk Uncle gif was spot on.

Congrats to all for this thread evading the ban hammer, though the edge must have been walked by now.

Last edited:
Y'all are making me realize that I haven't been to a gun show in 25+ years. I have no idea what they are like now.
Same. But I do recall that every person with a table selling firearms had an FFL and required a form 4473. Which was why the alleged “gun show loophole” that gun control proponents made such a huge deal about seemed very strange to me……

This thread had been an awesome follow. And most of what @hossblur had said I agree with. Follow the money. That’s where you’ll find real motives. Talk is cheap.

"Suspects out on bond have killed more than 150 people in Harris County - What's Your Point?" https://www.fox26houston.com/whats-...-people-in-harris-county-whats-your-point.amp

"90 people charged with murder are out on bail in Chicago | On Air Videos | Fox News" https://video.foxnews.com/v/6291578308001

"NYC’s worst 2021 cases stem from shaky bail reform law" https://nypost.com/2021/12/28/nycs-worst-2021-cases-stem-from-shaky-bail-reform-law/amp/

Yes. You got me. The sarcasm went right past you, obviously I was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back