Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rush Limbaugh passed away today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s directly responsible for the seed of hate I saw grow in my grandpa’s mind that overtook his last 10 years of thoughts.
Unfortunately I think your grandfather wasnt the only one. From a personal perspective the likes of Limbaugh and other personalities caused me to take step back and apply some serious self introspection. And what I found I didnt like at all..

Partisan profiteers Iike Limbaugh are responsible for lot of discontent and animosity in this country.

Last edited:
When I was 16 I worked at a small farm equipment dealership helping around the shop and my boss listened to Rush constantly. Such a love/hate relationship he had with Rush, it definitely turned me off from the bipartisan BS at a young age. But I was also entertained with how PO'd he would get. Learned a ton about creative cursing/swearing that summer that would be with me the rest of my life.

I think he’s directly responsible for the seed of hate I saw grow in my grandpa’s mind that overtook his last 10 years of thoughts.
I can relate. Every time I visit my dad in his wood shop this is all I could hear blaring. He couldn't just listen and not let it affect his thought process. The conversation would carry over to whatever we are doing together that day. I hate it. I whole heartedly believe it has ruined life for him. For those who say how? What can a 70 yr man do about oil prices, lbgq issues, or any of the other million topics that where ranted about daily on the show. He can't seperate that from just enjoying what we have now. These are just my thoughts and personal experiences so don't go hating on me.

What does this have to do with a public land hunting forum? (n)
Seriously dude? What does half the shit that comes up on here have to do with public land hunting? Music Friday's? Sports? Finance? Your cherry picking.

Last edited:
He was someone's family, and as such, his passing leaves a void in their world(s).

I can't even fathom defending or supporting some of the things he's said, and as such I did not listen to him nor did he profoundly impact my life other than to remind me of the hatred some people carry.

Nothing to do with public land hunting, but I put it in the Fireside Section. To quote "a gathering of friends to talk hunting or other gossip". I guess this would fall into the "other gossip" category. Sorry, I thought some might have liked to know about his passing.

There is something about (and why I think all politicians should be <65 yr old) older people where they seem to not be able to tell fact from fiction or are unable to understand that not everything is exactly as presented at face value.
It seems maybe conservative leaning people are a bit more susceptible to it but liberal ones definitely are affected as well.

I recently became connected on Facebook to an older gentleman that was a bit of a legend in the mountain hunting world and has authored some very well known books. He DMs me Qanon bs all day long. I have never responded one time and it just keeps coming.

Sorry, I thought some might have liked to know about his passing.
Nothing to sweat... adverse comments are not made if it's Tom Petty passing, etc... Rush is far from the first celebrity, personality to pass and far from the last that we'll post on HT.

I enjoyed his radio show and generally agreed with his political takes. R.I.P. to an excellent talk show host and a radio Icon.
Definitely moreso than his take on the relationship between cancer and smoking.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Tunnel to Towers, Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation.....just a small sample of the organizations that have received multi millions of dollars from Rush and his listeners over the last 30 years. All done by exploiting people for the reasons of hate and greed...yea makes sense.

Just because you disagree with someone all the time or some of the time like me doesn't make them a bad person or hateful person. If it did their wouldn't be a soul worth saving in this world.

There is something about (and why I think all politicians should be <65 yr old) older people where they seem to not be able to tell fact from fiction or are unable to understand that not everything is exactly as presented at face value.
It seems maybe conservative leaning people are a bit more susceptible to it but liberal ones definitely are affected as well.

I recently became connected on Facebook to an older gentleman that was a bit of a legend in the mountain hunting world and has authored some very well known books. He DMs me Qanon bs all day long. I have never responded one time and it just keeps coming.

Though I agree with you (sorta) about the oft naivety of our elder group (and I’m 61 mind you) when it comes to AARP advertising and Readers Digest insta winnings I have found of late (televangelism and even the Capitol protests for example) that participation in the sipping of Koolaid to have no age limits.

RIP. He was exactly my cup of tea. He didn't grow any discontent anywhere. He simply pointed out facts. How you perceive them or respond is up to you.

He simply pointed out whats happening, whats going to happen and left if up to you to decide what to do about it. To me he was simply a genius. My morning's will not be the same.

RIP. He was exactly my cup of tea. He didn't grow any discontent anywhere. He simply pointed out facts. How you perceive them or respond is up to you.

He simply pointed out whats happening, whats going to happen and left if up to you to decide what to do about it. To me he was simply a genius. My morning's will not be the same.
Like the fact he claimed that smoking didn't cause cancer?

Yeah, he was all about the facts...

Worked well for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back