Rush Limbaugh passed away today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't conservative like the conservative men I grew up looking up to. Their conservatism was grounded in how they carried themselves. He was certainly successful,and changed the landscape of media and politics, and was one of the first to show the world how well recreational outrage sells.

"Angry fat man on the radio
Wants to keep his taxes way down low
Says there oughta be a law
Angriest man you ever saw"

RIP

An entertaining individual. Like every human he fought his demons. Honestly from his early shows, in reference to flip floppers , I always laughed at his "advertisement" for Spatula City.

I recall the first time heard Rush as he was on the only station I could get as drove on a looooong road trip. His voice was memorable and I found it entertaining in the manner as I experienced listening to Art Bell. I found neither Art nor Rush that persuasive but if I was cruising the radio drive and landed on a station during their shows then usually I would stop and listen until the next commercial break.

Re influence some of us observed by outsiders which has had a negative effect on relatives: Certainly some people are prone to being transformed by a preacher or a political leader or celebrity or radio show host. In some cases that is good. In others, not so much. I find that the more you are able to experience diversity in life and education that the less likely you are to be radicalized.

I firmly believe the fastest way to change you mind about one of your childhood heroes is to look behind the persona to the human that was the hero. JFK was a womanizer as was MLK. Ty Cobb was a vile racist even without using revised, modern standards. Lindbergh admire the Nazis. FDR locked up 1000s of American citizens and the Supreme Court backed him up. The Steel Curtain of the Steelers and the Hogs of the Redskins were so dang big, strong and dominant in their heyday due to being pioneers of steroid use. Lance Armstrong cheated will millions of kids wore his stupid LiveStrong rubber bracelet. The race to break Hank's homerun record was juiced and MLB knew though wanted those sweet, sweet ratings. Rev. Jimmy Swaggart and his hooker. Mother Teresa and her exploited orphans. Even Al Gore will shame you about your carbon footprint as he is whisked to his Lear Jet to inefficiently fly to and fro. Sometimes, it helps to be a tad skeptical as parse through the facts, fiction and razzle dazzle.

I recall the first time heard Rush as he was on the only station I could get as drove on a looooong road trip. His voice was memorable and I found it entertaining in the manner as I experienced listening to Art Bell. I found neither Art nor Rush that persuasive but if I was cruising the radio drive and landed on a station during their shows then usually I would stop and listen until the next commercial break.

Re influence some of us observed by outsiders which has had a negative effect on relatives: Certainly some people are prone to being transformed by a preacher or a political leader or celebrity or radio show host. In some cases that is good. In others, not so much. I find that the more you are able to experience diversity in life and education that the less likely you are to be radicalized.

I firmly believe the fastest way to change you mind about one of your childhood heroes is to look behind the persona to the human that was the hero. JFK was a womanizer as was MLK. Ty Cobb was a vile racist even without using revised, modern standards. Lindbergh admire the Nazis. FDR locked up 1000s of American citizens and the Supreme Court backed him up. The Steel Curtain of the Steelers and the Hogs of the Redskins were so dang big, strong and dominant in their heyday due to being pioneers of steroid use. Lance Armstrong cheated will millions of kids wore his stupid LiveStrong rubber bracelet. The race to break Hank's homerun record was juiced and MLB knew though wanted those sweet, sweet ratings. Rev. Jimmy Swaggart and his hooker. Mother Teresa and her exploited orphans. Even Al Gore will shame you about your carbon footprint as he is whisked to his Lear Jet to inefficiently fly to and fro. Sometimes, it helps to be a tad skeptical as parse through the facts, fiction and razzle dazzle.
That's a lot of whataboutism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back