Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Moosie will.

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Hard to say.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Moosie who ?

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Could be..... I've been switching to the whopper. BK makes them for breakfast, McDonalds only has EggMcMuffins :mad: I actually am trying to eat a little better. But I still have the call of the Choco shake and burger ;)

MtMiller, Ran the Treadmill this morning. Did 6.40 miles in 60 mins. So you would be over a mile ahead of me every hour. You're right... it was boring !!!!!

I haven't done the Treadmill yet. I need to. I run the indoor track and although I don't go fast enough to get dizzy, at about the 15th lap I always Ask myself what I'm doing...... well, untill I look outside and see the frost ;)

I notice IDBugler is quiet.... I think he's training in secret.
Ha... good one. I did do my normal hiking again yesterday. Not sure how many miles I hike but I know my feet are sore and my legs hurt pretty bad. I think I'm going to be better off hiking then running. Did I ever say I hate running. I do train legs at the gym today also. I also might run this week. :rolleyes:

Dude you ran 6.4 miles today? Isn't the treadmill harder then running outside? I know when I've done the treadmill it sucked so bad that I hated it and always stopped early.

I'm also eating like crap and gained 3lbs this week. I really need to start this cardio thing or I'm going to be heavier then Moosie on race day. Currently 198.

I'm with ya dude. I don't like running.... Although I've gotten up 5-15 mins before my 4:45AM alarm the last 2 days. I must be wacked in the head !!! They say it get's addicting... but I hope not, don't want to be addicted to running, it's stupid. :D

Treadmill is actually easier then running outside, from the standpoint of less impact, no wind, and you're just moving your legs. I will probably run 2 more times this week on the treadmill and not outside to get in about 13-15 miles total for the week. I'm on Week 5 and slowly building. If you look at my weeks total I did 9,9,10,11, and this week prolly a few more. 6.4 is the farthest I've been so far, but FAR from 13.1 for Robie creek or the 70.3 miles for the Ironman. Seems like if I run more, I swim less or if I swim more I spin/bike less. I used to think I was better with my time but can't find enough lately..... I'm a member of Golds Gym now as well, through work, so I might do little something or other durring lunch or right after work since there is one close by.

IDB, put in for Sheep this year so I can go with ya because in future years won't be in this good of shape ;)

I'm down 3LB's this week but I also have a 22# gap between us. I was 197 for my sheep hunt so I have a ways to go.

I had plans of running a 25-mile trail run in April :eek:, but injured my foot in January, which limited my running for 2 months. Now I'm considering the 10-mile course.

IB, one thing I found out when I started running was that running uses different muscles in your legs than hiking. I can pretty much hike all day long right now, but running still takes it out of me and leaves me gimped up for a couple of days after. :rolleyes: If this Robie run is more like hiking, you will be fine, but if you plan to run, you might want to add some running to your training.

Moosie, you're doing pretty good on the training. Hope you make me eat my vote. ;) What's the date of the race?

Sat. April 17th. So 5 weeks from this Sat. The last week I don't plan on doing much more then Fast walking at best. I figure if I can't do it by then I'm just done. I also don't want to get hurt the week prior to the race.

Bugler still has me 24 to 10 votes.... Although I'm assuming that the 8 "Hard TO SAY" votes go to me but people were scared Bugler would body slam them ;)

I hope you Choke on your vote too :p

That's the same day for the race I am considering. It's not the tough terrain of the Robie race, but I am concerned about the length. Here's an elevation profile of the 25-mile course. Pretty mild:

festprofile.jpg

I had plans of running a 25-mile trail run in April , but injured my foot in January, which limited my running for 2 months.
Hey Oak, do Imogene Pass in Sept instead -- it'll make these Robie guys look like wussies. :D
My sister-in-law won her age group in that race 2 years ago.

Hey Oak, do Imogene Pass in Sept instead -- it'll make these Robie guys look like wussies. :D
My sister-in-law won her age group in that race 2 years ago.

Um, sounds like fun. More power to you. :p

The Imogene Pass Run (IPR) is a 17.1 mile point-to-point mountain race within the western San Juan mountains of Colorado, run along a route which connects the towns of Ouray (7810 ft.) and Telluride (8820 ft.) by way of 13,120 foot Imogene Pass. The IPR is held on the first Saturday after the Labor Day holiday, at the seasonal transition from late Summer to early Fall. Mountain weather at this time is famously "squirrelly" (rapidly changeable), and participants through the years have encountered a variety of weather conditions ranging from virtually perfect to terrible. This spectrum of weather during the race is in fact part of its lure and mystique. In good weather years the challenge of the mountainous traverse is rewarded by unsurpassed vistas and no small feeling of accomplishment upon crossing the finish line. In bad weather years, the wind, fog, rain and/or snow along the course make the successful arrival in Telluride a virtual rite of passage into the realm of true mountain running.

Heckfire, a 4 wheeler over Imogene will wear you out...unless you ride mostly on the tundra.:p;)

IDB, put in for Sheep this year so I can go with ya because in future years won't be in this good of shape ;)
I would love to have you pack out a sheep for me but I have to apply for deer, elk and lope. I need to break this 17 year jinx or go for the longest streak without pulling a tag in your home state award. Once I draw something (deer or elk) I'll start applying for sheep. Are you applying for goats this year? If I don't have another hunt going I'd love to make it up there and watch you smoke one of those bad boys. I'll also try and not slow you down to much. :eek:

I'm actually thinking about putting in for deer and elk... Although I know you'd hate me if I drew the first year I put in. ;)

OHhh yah, I never posted my slacking Week 5. Was my slowest week yet but I was down some pounds. Next week is looking better :

15327_1305700214584_1592898151_765742_1039730_n.jpg

Well, I took the Body Fat test again this morning and I went from "Obese" 5 weeks ago to jsut "Really fat and over weight". Maybe the words weren't exactly like that but it was close ;) guess it's still in the right direction :D

Attachments

• Big.jpg
    Big.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 236
I was reading Donna's story on MSN today. I hear she's on the Micheal Phelps callorie Diet. I mean it's one thing to eat 12,000 ca when you swim 6 hr's a day but.... I don't know that I would strive to be that large, and not able to walk...or pick up a Burger I jsut droped... or wipe my A$$... But you know, I don't judge. :D I don't think everybody needs to be 8% Body fat but 90% might be a little high.

I was in the 21% range and now in the 19.5% range. around 15% would be great.

I was impressed after looking at your 5 week schedule. The weight and body fat loose will continue as if you keep going like you are. Just be careful and don`t over do it! I started working hard when I turned 40 and the doc told me that I was a diabetic with high blood pressure. I lost 40 lbs in a few months and ended up at 147 lbs, which was too low. I was obsessed with working out. Not so much with weights but running 20 miles a week and doing 300 (4x75) pushup every morning. I have since stopped taking blood pressure meds and my diabetese is under control. I have since dropped back to 12 miles a week running but still do 300 pushups and 40 pullups daily, and am now 160 lbs.

Keep it up and it is amazing how much better you feel when you get up every morning and move a little! But like I said, don`t over do it. You ain`t 20 any more.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back