Revenant

It looks WAY over the top to me.

I was planning on watching it anyway until the controversy on whether or not Leonardo did or didn't get humped by the bear or not.

On the fence now.

Really looking forward to it. Leo has been in some solid movies, and the author of the book on which the flick is based, Michael Punke, has written two of the better nonfiction books I've ever read in, "Last Stand: George Bird Grinnell, the Battle to Save the Buffalo, and the Birth of the New West" and "Fire and Brimstone".

I'll see it when it's on Netflix.
From what I've read Leo might actually deserve an award this time out.
And I'm always into historical fiction stuff. More historical than fiction.

And I see where some folks get info these days....seriously.
The bear rape story was put to rest when someone read a script long time ago.He was mauled.

Oh I will go see it, they don't put out enough movies of this genre for me.

Do you remember Richard Harris "Man in the Wilderness"? Clips remind me a little of that film, all of course taken in part from the Jedidiah Smith story somewhat.

In other words, hell yes I'm going.

The book is an excellent read. Other than the mauling, which is described in fairly graphic detail, it's a very PG book.

I'll go see it. But, not before I go to the "Big Short." Big Short was the best non-hunting/non-conservation book I've read in the last decade. If the movie is anything on par with the book, it should be a great one.

I will go see it to remind myself how fragile I am.

I was born in the right period of time.

It's on the list too BF.I read the book too.

Now if only a white collar criminal who got off after what they do would be mauled,raped,eaten & excreted by a bear.......I'd go pay in person for that show. Hell if it was one....

Last edited:
Looking fwd to this one...might do the book first.

I read the book a couple months ago. I liked it a lot, but for some reason the writing didn't draw me in as much as I thought it would. It's one of those rare scenarios though where the material is so interesting that the book still turned out to be a good read.

I read the book a couple months ago. I liked it a lot, but for some reason the writing didn't draw me in as much as I thought it would. It's one of those rare scenarios though where the material is so interesting that the book still turned out to be a good read.

Thanks for the insight.

And I see where some folks get info these days....seriously.
The bear rape story was put to rest when someone read a script long time ago.He was mauled.

I read the press release from the studio that stated that he was not raped by the bear. The fact that the studio had to issue a press release was odd. I guess enough people read the Drudge report to make them do something to quell the rumor. I wouldn't have heard anything about it if the studio hadn't issued the press release.

Evidently the scene is confusing to some people who watched it.

Yet the entertainment columnist Roger Friedman, in describing the movie, noted "that the bear flips Glass over on his belly and molests him – dry humps him actually – as he nearly devours him."

With all the over the top stuff in the trailers I'm just not sure what to expect with this.

Part of it was filmed by Libby and if nothing else the scenery is supposed to be really good.

What part was filmed in LIbby? I thought the waterfall looked familiar... I do think it's a bit funny that it was filmed in the Cabinets and Canadian Rockies when it's set in South Dakota. But then, it's Hollywood...

Pretty sure they filmed some near the Kootenai falls.

Some interesting footage for sure. Was reading some other stuff and saw this:

Inarritu decided that a naked character should be dragged along the ground. The director remembers being concerned about the actor's genitals and laying down plastic sheeting to protect him. "I asked him several times, 'Are you fine?' " says Inarritu. Each time he asked, he says the actor replied that he was prepared to try another take. "I was super considerate because he was a nice, 22-year-old guy," says Inarritu. While crewmembers say the actor was in pain, Inarritu dismisses that as "a lie."

Dinkshooter, Cushman and Greenhorn might have come up with some of this script.... ;)

Will be watching this soon. Now that I moved to the big city out west it seems movies are the only place to hide from all the people out here. (unless your watching Star Wars.)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back