Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Revenant

I'm not sure I would fit inside a horse.

Like I told Southern Elk, I think I'd need a Clydesdale instead of an Appaloosa...

My brother came up with alternate titles after we saw it and made a post about it elsewhere. His best were:
"Heavy Breathing by Leonardo"
"Its Been a Rough Winter"
"Mountain Men Mumbling"
"He killed my boy"
"You killed my boy"
"Bears vs. Muskets - Why so many Pioneers died"
"Why did I shoot the bear that just mauled me when it was leaving anyway"
"Why your winter will never suck this bad"
"You'll never be this much of a man"

Like I told Southern Elk, I think I'd need a Clydesdale instead of an Appaloosa...

My brother came up with alternate titles after we saw it and made a post about it elsewhere. His best were:
"Heavy Breathing by Leonardo"
"Its Been a Rough Winter"
"Mountain Men Mumbling"
"He killed my boy"
"You killed my boy"
"Bears vs. Muskets - Why so many Pioneers died"
"Why did I shoot the bear that just mauled me when it was leaving anyway"
"Why your winter will never suck this bad"
"You'll never be this much of a man"

What about..."I don't know Llyod, the French are assholes" (taken from the wrong movie but still fitting

Just seen it, could have done with being 30 mins shorter, but i liked it, wife didn't!
I think we all know there is no way on earth he would have lived through all the crap he went through, but hey-ho it was watchable.
Cheers
Richard

I seen it last night. I would rate it 3 out five stars just because some of the scenes and wildlife misconceptions. A winter scene and a sow with cubs that small and no sign of spring and the elk bugling for the time of year, maybe. You could tell the bear was not right by the hair. In reality Glass would have been dead from shock and exposure and be hypothermic at least after being in a river that at best the water might be only 40 or maybe less. The horse scene of crawling inside was good. I watched a mithbusters episode about surviving inside an animal and you can by about 3 hours of warmth.
Overall I liked the film.

It was a good movie, but I did find a few things a little far fetched. Along with the ones already mentioned.
How many times can you shoot a flintlock without reloading while riding horseback.
Can they fire when wet?
My wife is a paramedic and she commented on the likelihood of him surviving after sustaining those injuries...in the freezer temps, and after multiple times in ice water. Not likely!

But hey, how many Hollywood movies are 100%accurate and keep the audiences attention? I liked the movie!

I can't say I enjoyed it. I was disappointed all the animals were CG. The snowflake scene was horrible. But the depiction of the era and setting was very good. I feel like a wuss. I don't think I'l watch it again... ever.

Back