PEAX Equipment

Quote your first post

Thread 'Hello from Montana' https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/hello-from-montana.241246/

Intro post. Back when this show crossed my path. On Your Own Adventures with a real home feeling Opener! Man I miss those shows. Have some disc's stored some place.

Hey all - Really enjoyed the good down home feeling from the TV show. I wanted to show my support by logging in, etc.

Is there a place to post my appreciation for the show provided on your producers site? Maybe a link to the location.

Been hunting a loooong time. Fishing a looong-er time. Really love Montana.

Look forward to pow wowin with everyone here.

Thanks again for the great show!

The SECOND day?! DAMN haha at the time I bet you were blistering smoldering mad but that’s pretty darned funny.

Smoldering and then some.... almost left the night before the hunt began with the shit that was going on and the only reason I stayed a day was because I left my drunk “guide” in the tent at noon and then hunted on my own the rest of that day and the second morning before pulling out.
Words can’t even describe 🤬🔥

Last edited:
I had responded to other threads earlier but I think this might be my first thread I started.

I am quite surprised to discover that today is my 10 year anniversary of joining HuntTalk. Back in the day there were member categories such as junior member (less than 5 posts), member (under 100) and finally senior member (over 100). A couple of members had/have different designations such as @Oak as "expert", and @Moosie as "grand poopah". I posted as many "atta-boys" and "good job dad" comments as I could to save myself the designation of junior member, and then just a plain old member, as I was shooting for senior member status once I started posting. I do remember intentionally waiting to post until after I had started to understand the culture of the joint, what might be acceptable v weird or presumptuous.

For those on HuntTalk for some time, it might not come as surprising that my first post was a comment on a Kansas turkey thread.

For posterity's sake, here it is:

I would have thought a bird around Lenexa would more likely be an Eastern. Yours looks more like a Rio. Maybe the back-lighting on this original pose makes it looks that way?

PS: the thread was started by @upper deck, with long time members commenting, such as now deceased @TomfromTennessee, @Buschy,@1 pointer, @Spitz and @Big Fin commenting as well. HuntTalk member upper deck hasn't been on for over a year....hope he is well

Last edited:
May 31, 2007

Drawn for the early January 2008 Elk hunt. Looking for any tips of where to scout and how to approach the hunt (DIY or guided, trespass fee for the private land there). Thanks.

--Got zero responses. I had lurked for a while when was more like a bulletin board than a forum. Moosie was the sheriff then.

--Hot thread that weekend was that WY and Feds made a deal on wolves. Went to 21 posts in 48 hours. Posted by MNHunter then got comments by Oak, 1_pointer, shoots-straight, BigHornRam, BuzzH, A-con, sreekers.

Pretty sure it was back in 07,08...? Moosie was still around. I was leery from scars from MM & Jeeses.
Still have the 1st dvd's from BF...think I got my 1st "talking to" about joining NM LO program,and could not give a tag away.

Western Traveler1
Hello From The Rocky Mountain Front Montana
Found this place while trying to calm the approaching Elk season jitters. A month total to get it done in the Bighorn Mountains split between archery and rifle then home to try to fill bull and cow tag for the next few weeks after that. Seems like a great group of folks/hunters here and look...
Western Traveler1 Thread Aug 18, 2017 Replies: 14 Forum: Who am I?

Boy, was I wrong😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back