Public Health Emergency

3855WIN

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham says she is suspending open and concealed carry laws in Albuquerque and throughout Bernalillo County for the next 30 days, temporarily prohibiting the carrying of guns on public property.

The governor made the announcement during a news conference Friday afternoon.

Gov. Lujan Grisham declared gun violence a public health emergency Thursday, following the murder of an 11-year-old boy on his way home from an Isotopes game Wednesday night. That case, combined with several other violent cases involving children, sparked the decision.

The new public health order is effective Friday, Sept. 8. After 30 days, they will evaluate whether they should renew the order or make adjustments.

The public health order is a statewide mandate, but it only suspends open and concealed carry laws in communities with extremely high violent crime rates and firearm-related emergency room visits. Right now, that only includes the Albuquerque metro.

I watched the part of the press conference I could. She was asked if she really thought criminals would obey the law. She said no.
So I guess I'm not sure what the goal is, or maybe I'm very sure.
If you can just declare a Public Health Emergency because of whatever you wish and say the constitution doesn't matter we are headed down a dark road.
I think the one silver lining to Covid might have been not to accept so easily these "emergencies". Clearly APD and The SO are nervous about violating their oaths of office, even though the G is not.

Man, this is blowing up on X. All kinds of outcry. Apparently she said she thinks arresting concealed carry holders might be a good idea, but that she couldn't just arrest every kid on the street corner carrying a gun in his waistband.

I know there are schools in New Mexico where logic is included in the course of instruction. Maybe she should indulge.

Man, this is blowing up on X. All kinds of outcry. Apparently she said she thinks arresting concealed carry holders might be a good idea, but that she couldn't just arrest every kid on the street corner carrying a gun in his waistband.

I know there are schools in New Mexico where logic is included in the course of instruction. Maybe she should indulge.
Just how does she have the authority to suspend a law, and to arrest someone that still follows it? Sadly, the Supreme Court in NM is bought and paid for, in her back pocket.

I believe there is a larger agenda in play. NM is so deep blue in the political offices that this is the perfect test case for Bidenistas.

I suppose next will be a climate emergency, or another covid emergency, or...

This pisses me off the more I think about it. So, the ones doing the killing are not going to obey, and those of us who obey will be surrendering our means of protecting ourselves and our families.

David
NM
That’s it in a nutshell. This is a willful violation of her constituents constitutional right, which she seemingly admits will not work. I think the term Tyrant fits her nicely.

Albuquerque has its problems, but this is most definitely not the solution. Sad to see NM sliding down the California slope...
I’ve been in NM for about a week now hunting and I’d have to say Gallup and Alb may be the biggest shitholes I’ve ever been to. I’ve never had so many people ask me for money at one time. This place feels like a third world country. This move by the governor is about the last thing this place needs.

I love New Mexico; spent my first college years there; my best friend was a native, and not that it matters, because it doesn't, Hispanic. We bonded, as we were among the few who weren't into drugs; we were just there to study the Classics and climb mountains. His Mom didn't speak a word of English, but never felt more welcome than in their home. Learned the difference between chili and chile.

We pooled our meager funds and bought cheap packs, Ocate de Santa Fe sleeping bags (and I'll send a few boxes of .223 or 9mm to anyone who knows what that is without Googling) and took to the hills.

Sad to see what has happened to the state. I seem to recall that Edward Abbey refused to revisit for fear of what it might have become, and that was years before I was there.

Anyway, best of luck to a shining state.

I love New Mexico; spent my first college years there; my best friend was a native, and not that it matters, because it doesn't, Hispanic. We bonded, as we were among the few who weren't into drugs; we were just there to study the Classics and climb mountains. His Mom didn't speak a word of English, but never felt more welcome than in their home. Learned the difference between chili and chile.

We pooled our meager funds and bought cheap packs, Ocate de Santa Fe sleeping bags (and I'll send a few boxes of .223 or 9mm to anyone who knows what that is without Googling) and took to the hills.

Sad to see what has happened to the state. I seem to recall that Edward Abbey refused to revisit for fear of what it might have become, and that was years before I was there.

Aren’t the sleeping bags you speak of the Navajo blanket type. Girlfriend in highschool lived in Taos and spent I spent a lot of time visiting the state. Opted out on a tree climbing comp in abiQ a couple years ago though. Didn’t want to hang out there for a couple days in July.

Ha, all I could think about when reading this was The Cowboy and his Cow.

Ahh,
The Land of Infringement,
has such a nice ring to it.

Or, take your pick,
Land Of Disenchantment
Land Of Harassment
Land Of Indictment
Land Of Entrapment
Land Of Enactment
Land Of Derangement
Land Of Mistreatment
Land Of Misalignment
Land Of Propagandist
Land Of Amendment

Disclaimer- throwing no mud on the people of that beautiful state. Hate hearing about the governor's actions.

This pisses me off the more I think about it. So, the ones doing the killing are not going to obey, and those of us who obey will be surrendering our means of protecting ourselves and our families.

David
NM
And the congregation said "Amen"

Elections have consequences…one party is just plain stupid and the other is bat 💩 crazy/communist/totalitarian dipshits. Pick your poison. This is why many (myself included) will never vote for “her” party no matter how dumb the other sided is; we can recover from dumb, but I’m not sure we can recover from insanity without a revolution.

Anyways, it’s hunting season and I’m only three days out from taking my daughter on her CO muzzy elk and deer hunt!

Aren’t the sleeping bags you speak of the Navajo blanket type. Girlfriend in highschool lived in Taos and spent I spent a lot of time visiting the state. Opted out on a tree climbing comp in abiQ a couple years ago though. Didn’t want to hang out there for a couple days in July.
Nope, but good guess.

Elections have consequences…one party is just plain cowards and wanting to keep their country club status and the other is bat 💩 crazy/communist/totalitarian dipshits who plan and plan well. Pick your poison. This is why many (myself included) will never vote for “her” party no matter how dumb the other sided is; we can recover from dumb, but I’m not sure we can recover from insanity without a revolution.

Anyways, it’s hunting season and I’m only three days out from taking my daughter on her CO muzzy elk and deer hunt!
Fify.

This is what happens when the people allow the .gov to ram through "its just two weeks".

You can thank those proponents just as much as the NM governor, as that was the ground work laid out to impose this action.

Idiots.

Getting ready to pack for a trip into Albacrackie for 2 nights in a motel for eye surgery.
Walking Rio in the parking lot at night will be fun.
The pistol is in the truck already.
Have to watch the cops now too...BS! Open season on everyone.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back