Public Health Emergency

SIAP...

New Mexico is an open carry state, so the governor’s order suspending the open and concealed carry of firearms affects anyone in Bernalillo County who can legally own a gun, with some exceptions. Just over 14,500 people in Bernalillo County had an active concealed carry license, according to an Associated Press analysis of data provided by the New Mexico Department of Public Safety for the 2023 fiscal year.

Statewide, including Bernalillo County, the 2023 fiscal year data showed just over 45,000 active concealed carry licenses.

The New Mexico Chiefs of Police Association said every law enforcement officer in the state shares Lujan Grisham’s concerns about gun violence, but the order was the wrong way to go. The association will join others in calling for a special legislative session to tackle gun violence, said the group’s head, Farmington Police Chief Steven Hebbe.

“The knee-jerk reaction to curtail the rights of every citizen rather than focusing on lawbreakers who plague our communities can’t be justified,” Hebbe said.

Because they couldn’t accept being wrong and are intolerant of opposing viewpoints.
I suspect it's being wrong. Just like the Covid czars, who were oh-so-sure of everything, yet wrong about essentially everything. To my knowledge, the only one who has sort of apologized is Nuisance, and only because he wants to be President. Turns out, it was the contrarians, like Ladapo and Bhattacharya who were correct. Labelled tin-foil hats and banned from social media.

We were assured not a month ago, that if we would just be a little reasonable and compromise by relinquishing ARs, that would satisfy the left. Now, it's, "Well I guess you love the NRA more than you hate dead kids".

I'm fairly sure most of us never think about the NRA unless the left brings it up.

And it's fine to have opposing views, but you have to admit when you're wrong. Trump, CDC, FDA all have yet to admit that you can make a vaccine quickly, but you can't be sure it's safe quickly.

Same thing with "commonsense gun control". I suspect we know what that means in some cities. Only criminals have guns, just as NM Gov admitted, and the Fed Judge identified.

I suspect it's being wrong. Just like the Covid czars, who were oh-so-sure of everything, yet wrong about essentially everything. To my knowledge, the only one who has sort of apologized is Nuisance, and only because he wants to be President. Turns out, it was the contrarians, like Ladapo and Bhattacharya who were correct. Labelled tin-foil hats and banned from social media.

We were assured not a month ago, that if we would just be a little reasonable and compromise by relinquishing ARs, that would satisfy the left. Now, it's, "Well I guess you love the NRA more than you hate dead kids".

I'm fairly sure most of us never think about the NRA unless the left brings it up.

And it's fine to have opposing views, but you have to admit when you're wrong. Trump, CDC, FDA all have yet to admit that you can make a vaccine quickly, but you can't be sure it's safe quickly.

Same thing with "commonsense gun control". I suspect we know what that means in some cities. Only criminals have guns, just as NM Gov admitted, and the Fed Judge identified.
I just ignore the guys that want to always play the cheap tinfoil conspiracy card. There is never anything behind them to back up their bluster.

I just ignore the guys that want to always play the cheap tinfoil conspiracy card. There is never anything behind them to back up their bluster.
I think there's tinfoil guys, guys who say "this sounds a little fishy, ima carry on doing me", and the tyrannical listen to me types.

The first and last should usually be grain of salt types. But the "this sounds fishy" got/get lumped into tinfoil group, lately.

I'm a "this sounds fishy, so I'm just going to not do what the crazy over there (tinfoil) and the crazy over here (tyrant mandating I need to, think of the kids, etc) and do what I feel fine doing.

You'd think a governor would run it past their AG to make sure there's *some* legal basis for it. But if she and her entourage in a hermetically-sealed bureaucratic bubble cooked this up on their own, that's even more disappointing.
This is all about the wisdom of those that are destined to lead us, because we are the poor beknighted and they are Annointed. Grand, sweeping solutions to the cosmic problems of the world are their business, and if those solutions appear to not work it is just because we down here don't understand what they up there know. There isn't any need to look for empirical evidence of the causes and the tradeoffs for any action to solve the issues, because that would muddy the philosophical waters with those inconvenient facts.

If the election were today, Mama Michelle would still win. There are those that think being lectured by their dear Abuelta is a good thing, and as long as the State money is easy to come by she will be loved. By some.

Yes, NM rates as a third-world country. The aspirations of our politicians has nothing to do with their constituency, but to local influence and power. Not a lot of difference between them and other politicians, but the corruption here is rampant and poorly hidden. As the retiring FBI Special Agent In Charge said as he said goodbye to Albuquerque, "New Mexico is the most corrupt state in the country - and I know what I'm saying because I came here from Chicago." The huge flow of oil and gas revenue makes the pockets of those few bulge, and most of the citizens only see scrapings.

David
NM

Maybe she did this to add to her street cred. Next job will be with a gun control group or lobbyist?
I suspect the controllers had her do this to test the waters.

Yes, I realize this is as tinfoily as it gets…

But I don’t think any of us know who’s really calling the shots anymore.

I doubt that it is nefarious as many of you make it out to be. I think it's more of a "do something even if it's wrong," type situation. It's a fairly safe move because she knows the courts will shoot it down, but she can always say she tried to do something to save the lives of the little children.

I doubt that it is nefarious as many of you make it out to be. I think it's more of a "do something even if it's wrong," type situation. It's a fairly safe move because she knows the courts will shoot it down, but she can always say she tried to do something to save the lives of the little children.
She is disappointed she doesn't have Kamala's job. She is doing her best to be ready for higher office, and NM is as backwater as you can get so she has to make noise.

David
NM

She is disappointed she doesn't have Kamala's job. She is doing her best to be ready for higher office, and NM is as backwater as you can get so she has to make noise.

David
NM
I think she went rogue, took it upon herself to go on a solo kamikaze mission, and blew her own teams ship out of the water.

I think there's tinfoil guys, guys who say "this sounds a little fishy, ima carry on doing me", and the tyrannical listen to me types.

The first and last should usually be grain of salt types. But the "this sounds fishy" got/get lumped into tinfoil group, lately.

I'm a "this sounds fishy, so I'm just going to not do what the crazy over there (tinfoil) and the crazy over here (tyrant mandating I need to, think of the kids, etc) and do what I feel fine doing.
Sooner or later, the truth bubbles to the surface, oh fishy one.🙂

Back