Post your Hobbys (other then hunting) just for fun

i've been thinking about bee keeping a fair amount this past year. i'd like to get into it. but first i need to not live in a rented condo

my wife just rolls her eyes
If you start, start with at least two hives. One hive...the odds are not in your favor. Lots of folks like to have hives on their property if you know anyone reasonably close with some elbow room. Most beekeepers run hives on property that's not theirs.

I really didn't want to follow John's response to that question, but none-the-less.

My current hobbies (aside from meat collecting) is teaching my kids the hobbies and convincing them they can do them most anytime in MT. Skiing, camping, rafting, fishing will make the top 4. My garage shows archery, reloading and butchery - although I'm still organizing after the move.

Using up the meat collection sometimes feels like a hobby? But there is a job aspect to it at times with the family.

Dote on my grandchildren, tolerate my children, tinker with firearms & ammo, fool with knives, read every author that entertains or informs me, collect a little art & torquoise, play electric and acoustic guitar, and act like I enjoy landscaping.

My favorite philospher is Gerald Martin.

I cook every day. I am the primary at home and do it part time for a lil extra coin. My favorites in order are German (family inspired), smoking pork and beef and Italian ( I picked up quite a bit while stationed there).
You all may have seen some of the posts of Karl (the Kawasaki) as well. I am back to riding motorcycles after a 7 year hiatus. I have been riding on the road for 35 years now, but after my last deployment I was not in a good head space to be on 2 wheels. I was a MSF Rider Coach and advanced street skills instructor. Didn't realize how much I missed it until I started with Karl. He is just a commuter solution but I am already plotting my upgrade to a sport/adventure tourer in 2 years when the HP heads to college. There are miles to go before I sleep......

Attachments

• 20200321_145936.jpg
    20200321_145936.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 90703473_10222031751971773_3249595668020330496_n.jpg
    90703473_10222031751971773_3249595668020330496_n.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20181224_192948.jpg
    20181224_192948.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20181225_191354.jpg
    20181225_191354.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20190803_191049.jpg
    20190803_191049.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • Xmas Eve 19.jpg
    Xmas Eve 19.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Nice flame. Did you replace the humbuckers and the pots? Is it a semi hollow?
I replaced everything. The pots are pullable for coil splitting, from Stew Mac. The pickups are GFS Fat Pats. I would have loved a set of Duncan 59's but I have to keep a little money set aside for hunting licenses, and such! And yes, it's a semi Hollow. most of the body is Mahogany and there's a solid block running down the center.

My main thing I do now is collecting music again , I used to have a really big music collection and then got married and had family and kids and somehow that old music collection disappeared over the years, started building a music collection again a little over a year ago , I enjoy going to different resale shops and looking for old classic cd albums , it nice to turn off the tv , set the phone down , enjoy a drink 🥃 and just listen to a entire album in the evening and unwind. Today’s music seems more geared to creating a single , and selling a digital copy of one song . I’m old-school I enjoy the album , the artwork and the pictures on albums. That will never get old to me

• Skiing
  • Ice Hockey (retired from playing but it’s about the only sport I watch)
  • Cooking/grilling/smoking
  • Reading (almost exclusively non-fiction - although for some HT threads, it’s hard to tell the difference :ROFLMAO:).
I should have said this on mine as well. Your Hockey playing made me think of it.

Boxing - I fought amateur for 12 years and had 178 fights total. Love the sport and like you Wildabeast it's about the only sport I watch on TV either. Last time I fought was at the World Police & Fire Games in San Diego California in 1987. Wow that makes a fella feel old!

View attachment 151657
All of my “free” time is spent on these, although most times it feels like working a second job!
Used to do the same and small bale about 200 acres. Obviously I had more "free time" back then before being a family man. Hoping to buy a place in the next year or so where the kids can raise some animals. I sure do miss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back