Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Post your Hobbys (other then hunting) just for fun

What’s wrong with snowboarding?

View attachment 151694
It ruins the snow, they stop on the back side of hills, they need the whole damn mountain to make a turn, mostly young punks that cant speak basic proper English, seem to always screw up the lift line, and what really pisses me off is when they say crap to me because I have to explain proper mountain etiquette and they made me take my boots off when i get to the bottom when they stand there thinking they are waiting thinking for a spit second they are either going to say something to me or be tough.

Other than that they are fine

Did you catch any those are the pics we wanna see!
not on that day but here is a photo of me from about few years ago, i don't tend to have many pictures taken of myself so i didn't think to rinse the blood off the fish before hand 1598414542631.png
Ignore the pile of lines at my feet was in the middle of untangling them when the fish hit.
In1598414590324.png

Fishing, hiking, dogs, and falconry. Falconry being the biggest. I know it is 'hunting', but for every minute of hunting there are at the least 10 minutes of not hunting (and thats a pretty conservative estimate).

This is the new one in training. Hopefully shell hit the sage grouse, unlike the last:

tAr6uN7.jpg

And the hiking and fishing, a few pics from this season:

hV6n5ez.jpg

9IgcsBO.jpg

UtzeSzm.jpg

6nTBJ0m.jpg

h08hQ6j.jpg

nhBqitM.jpg

I used to restore junk furniture and paint stuff on it.
A dresser with trees for my wife:
57568F2E-211C-4EE6-9FB0-5E42DA9593E1.jpeg

A coffee table with a drunk road worker on it for my brother:
050755B1-F4DF-4481-B687-3CC2895A7083.jpeg

But since these guys were born, most of my artistic endeavors have gone to teaching them how to make all the different shapes of turds out of PlayDough:
6F33C0C5-BF82-4F2A-9800-9999543E6420.jpeg

It ruins the snow, they stop on the back side of hills, they need the whole damn mountain to make a turn, mostly young punks that cant speak basic proper English, seem to always screw up the lift line, and what really pisses me off is when they say crap to me because I have to explain proper mountain etiquette and they made me take my boots off when i get to the bottom when they stand there thinking they are waiting thinking for a spit second they are either going to say something to me or be tough.

There are just as many horrible skiers and punk kids out there on skis too. But a lot of times you see what you want to see.

You could have just said they shoot 6.5CM and all of that would have been implied... :ROFLMAO:

Competitive rifle shooting around the country (and across the globe when I can).

This is a great thread!
Some great hobbies and stunning photography.
My hobbies fly fishing (also my job!) fly tying, running, and just lately dabbling at knife making.
I wonder Brent, have you competed against Great Britain in shooting?
If so I know someone who might have competed against you!
Surname Pugsley.

This is my favourite photo from my job (hobby!) in all the years I have been guiding, it was the second time I guided these two, father and son, the son made the booking, his father had recently suffered a stroke, and I had to be by his side all the time as his balance was off and he struggled to communicate, just after I took this photo the father had a little tear run down his face, made my day, so whilst it is my job, it is a great hobby!
IMG_20200430_135209_246.jpg

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Low blow man, low blow. Although 95 percent of people probably couldn’t even point out why that is such a jab.
You sand bagger, the forum needs Dsnow snowboarding pics lol

ps... was not heel sliding the chute... had just rolled down it after catching a edge on a stump lol

Hear that @Dsnow9 stay off the mans lawn

You sand bagger, the forum needs Dsnow snowboarding pics lol

ps... was not heel sliding the chute... had just rolled down it after catching a edge on a stump lol
Ok, I’ll let you slide on this one! I’ll have to dig through the historical records and see if I can find some. I’m sure there are some bx ones somewhere but the backcountry ones might be harder to find.

Fishing, vegetable garden, map making, home improvement, YouTube DIYer, tinkering, sewing, cycling, 90’s era RPG’s, reading. Quit watching TV 25 years ago.

This was in my wife’s memory box (1988). I replaced the broken zipper the other day.
4DAD1F9E-76C9-49CA-B7D3-7AC4C30E8E8A.jpeg

This is a great thread!
Some great hobbies and stunning photography.
My hobbies fly fishing (also my job!) fly tying, running, and just lately dabbling at knife making.
I wonder Brent, have you competed against Great Britain in shooting?
If so I know someone who might have competed against you!
Surname Pugsley.

In 2017, I competed in Australia. The Brits did not even send a team for some reason. In 2019, the International Long Range Championships were hosted by the English, and I really wanted to go but could not. In 2021, I think they are in Hungary or something like that. I may go. Not sure.

@Dsnow9
How pro are you?
Can you do flips and spins?
Not at all anymore, but was competed professionally in high school and college. I was sponsored by k2 and then dynastar, as well as smith. I was also on the US junior snowboard team. No flips and spins though, I raced boarder cross, 6 guys all racing down banked turns and jumps, first guy down wins. To many injuries and to much of a money drain to make those injuries worth it.

Being a father, being a good Son, and occasionally driving a semi. I’ve spent so much time gone in my last career that I am focused on making up lost time. My kids get most of my attention these days. My dad is in the final phases of his circle of life so I’ve been working there quite a bit to get them ready for winter. When time allows I take a day and will haul groceries for a small transportation company. Last week I took 19,000lbs of blueberries from a local farm to our largest supermarket distribution hub a few hours away.

Back