Post your Hobbys (other then hunting) just for fun

Besides hunting-
Raising two little boys takes up most of my time nowadays
Ice fishing and a little bit of open water
Getting into trapping this year
Fantasy baseball
Play some softball
Probably alone on here with this one, but I enjoy playing some Xbox, especially the new Modern Warfare game

From 1984 to 2013 with four years off. I was building and driving race cars in the Sports Car Club of America. I never let my budget exceed $5000 a year during all those years. I was probably the poorest program in the entire national racing program but did very well. When guys like Walter Payton and John Bisignano approach you to talk or interview they see some talent. A couple of pictures. The blue car is the first car I designed and built from the ground up. The yellow car was the last car I drove until my health slipped enough to end my driving.

IMG_20200829_164307450_HDR~2.jpg

The yellow car photo is showing the car in a perfect 4 wheel drift going through that corner. All four tires are pointed in the same direction. The right front tire is at the Apex then you look at the direction the car is pointed in relation to where the corner started and if gives you the pitch that the car is in. Driving on the edge of traction with this level of precision is very addicting. A car that does this at 2.5 lateral G force scares most people that tries to drive one. The car would would brake for a corner from 150 mph to 54 mph in two hundred feet and down shift five gears in those two seconds. TV or video does not do this type of racing justice until you pull a stop watch out to get an idea of how fast corners happen. Video cameras zoom in or out during coverage just so you can see the cars for a longer period of time.
IMG_20200829_163915799_HDR~2.jpg
My last race. The National Championship with drivers from all over North America. I can tell you that my budget was five times less for the season than anybody else in this race!

The link below of my last race coverage. If you are from Wisconsin you may have heard of this place.

Last edited:
From 1984 to 2013 with four years off. I was building and driving race cars in the Sports Car Club of America. I never let my budget exceed $5000 a year during all those years. I was probably the poorest program in the entire national racing program but did very well. When guys like Walter Payton and John Bisignano approach you to talk or interview they see some talent. A couple of pictures. The blue car is the first car I designed and built from the ground up. The yellow car was the last car I drove until my health slipped enough to end my driving.

View attachment 152236

The yellow car photo is showing the car in a perfect 4 wheel drift going through that corner. All four tires are pointed in the same direction. The right front tire is at the Apex then you look at the direction the car is pointed in relation to where the corner started and if gives you the pitch that the car is in. Driving on the edge of traction with this level of precision is very addicting. A car that does this at 2.5 lateral G force scares most people that tries to drive one. The car would would brake for a corner from 150 mph to 54 mph in two hundred feet and down shift five gears in those two seconds. TV or video does not do this type of racing justice until you pull a stop watch out to get an idea of how fast corners happen. Video cameras zoom in or out during coverage just so you can see the cars for a longer period of time.
View attachment 152237
My last race. The National Championship with drivers from all over North America. I can tell you that my budget was five times less for the season than anybody else in this race!

The link below of my last race coverage. If you are from Wisconsin you may have heard of this place.

That’s pretty cool.

View attachment 152236

View attachment 152237

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing. What’s dead about racing these days is it isn’t a sport that’s attainable for anyone who wants it and can work hard enough like you did.

My main hobby is SCUBA diving (with some occasional free diving thrown in). My wife and I are both Divemasters, and it is a great hobby to do together. In fact, we just lead our first dives as professionals this past weekend on the Mendocino coast.

View attachment 151620

I also enjoy some amount of hunting underwater. Got a couple of spear guns this summer and have had a little success.
View attachment 151622
That looks SOOooo fun!!!!

if I couldn’t live in Montana, I’d have to live somewhere that I could do THAT!!

My main hobby is SCUBA diving (with some occasional free diving thrown in). My wife and I are both Divemasters, and it is a great hobby to do together. In fact, we just lead our first dives as professionals this past weekend on the Mendocino coast.

View attachment 151620

I also enjoy some amount of hunting underwater. Got a couple of spear guns this summer and have had a little success.
View attachment 151622

First pic... all I can think of

That looks SOOooo fun!!!!

if I couldn’t live in Montana, I’d have to live somewhere that I could do THAT!!

It is a pretty nice hobby and a good one to take you all over the world!

First pic... all I can think of

Sharks are one of my favorite parts about diving, and I am usually more worried on the surface swim than when I am underwater. When we were in Fiji we swam with a big tiger shark and it is still one of my favorite underwater moments.

Softball dad
Fishing
Plant 14 food plots totaling 35 acres.
Habitat work
Shooting & reloading
I do similar. I just planted 21 acres of food plots. Corn and soy. Farm work in general is my hobby. Love to tinker when not hunting or fishing. I also like to reload. Good stuff!!!!!

Attachments

• 420B4689-4141-4CD6-B7B8-99F03F488C1D.jpeg
    420B4689-4141-4CD6-B7B8-99F03F488C1D.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 4
  • BC4123E0-31D8-4046-8278-3CEC76B80632.jpeg
    BC4123E0-31D8-4046-8278-3CEC76B80632.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
  • AD227BCE-3BF6-465C-982A-68ACBF40B83E.jpeg
    AD227BCE-3BF6-465C-982A-68ACBF40B83E.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4

View attachment 152236

View attachment 152237

Very cool! I grew up in Elkhart Lake, close enough to hear the races going on. Awesome track.

Besides my main hobby of hunting. I enjoy hanging out with my wife and kiddo, Cowboying, WW2 reenacting, land based shark fishing, and shooting when ammo was available lolB1AEDCE3-BE1E-4307-98D5-4C3BCE62D9ED.jpegDEB3F3B0-FF47-48FC-9CE4-137A39259A9F.jpegE9579466-C268-48BA-8E30-0BAEC4DD8640.jpeg

My favorite hobby seems to be building stuff to chase my own f-ups...

All reality, if I can build vs buy its pretty fun. Seems to cost more in the long run (chasing f-ups) though means more building/crafting something from something previously built.

Current build project:

20210531_145841.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back