MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Post your Hobbys (other then hunting) just for fun

Cool offset....@Kensley

Thanks, Wife wanted to buy me a guitar for our 11th anniversary. Went in planning to get a Fender Duo sonic, walked out with this. Sterling by music man, Albert lee edition. It spoke to me by saying BUY ME DUMBA$$!

Very well made guitar. But I think my next one i'm gonna build myself. We'll see how bad I can mess one up lol.

Fishing, Hiking and gathering wild edible plants and mushrooms. I like wildlife viewing. I keep an annual list of every bird, mammal, reptile, amphibian, fish and some other critters that I see and identify each year. That combines well all my other outdoor activities, even walking the dog or sitting in my patio chair out in the back yard .

In addition to my previous SCUBA post, I also bowl a good amount (though not recently with COVID shutting everything down). We won our last league a year ago. League bowling is also a great excuse to partake in my other hobby of imbibing fermented malt beverages.

Besides Hunting I mostly hang out with my wife and kids.... trying to get them more into the outdoors. During the long dark winters here in the Alaskan Interior I enjoy playing video games with my family. My wife, mom, dad, sister, brother in law, father in law and I all play a game with some friends we've made gaming. Its fun and something to do inside.
After this hunting season I want to dabble in Knife Making - and I guess knife collecting could be kinda a hobby.....haha. I'm slightly obssessed with Sheep Horn handled knives... they are awesome.
EDIT: Also looking to get into trapping this winter! Try to get a couple beaver and a Lynx at least. Got a snow machine so need to get some traps and get out.

Last edited:
Found out there are big crawfish in WY and made a bunch of traps. Have crawfish boils in my back yard. My biggest one to date is 8.5 inches. No crawfish in NW WY tho. water too cold for too long. I have pics but can’t figure out how to post them. Like downhill mtb but crash a lot. backpack with family and read a lot.

Besides Hunting I mostly hang out with my wife and kids.... trying to get them more into the outdoors. During the long dark winters here in the Alaskan Interior I enjoy playing video games with my family. My wife, mom, dad, sister, brother in law, father in law and I all play a game with some friends we've made gaming. Its fun and something to do inside.
After this hunting season I want to dabble in Knife Making - and I guess knife collecting could be kinda a hobby.....haha. I'm slightly obssessed with Sheep Horn handled knives... they are awesome.
Excellent! My dad got into knife making a year ago. He is a chemist and drew graphs and charts to explain how to temper steel to me. Too confusing. His artistry needs work but the steels and blade profiles are top notch. He makes a lot of handles out of mesquite and they look cool. I wish you luck and hope you enjoy.

Excellent! My dad got into knife making a year ago. He is a chemist and drew graphs and charts to explain how to temper steel to me. Too confusing. His artistry needs work but the steels and blade profiles are top notch. He makes a lot of handles out of mesquite and they look cool. I wish you luck and hope you enjoy.
Yeah, I haven't even looked into all that. There is a small group of knive makers here who get together and work on their stuff, inspect, give pointers and will heat treat. I'd like to make my own hunting and camp knife for my outings. Maybe I'll have you show him something I make to get his approval. :D

Mostly spend my non-hunting time doing tia chi, goat yoga, body shaving, grooming my man bun, towing my drift boat around Bozeman, attending BHA meetups and drinking Cold Smokes
You left out shooting your 6.5 Creedmoor and boasting of it’s superior ballistic capabilities.

I'm drooling on my shirt and I just ate. That noodle dish (Pho?) looks killer as does the surf and turf. Chops too but I prefer leg of lamb.
Thank you! Its actually ramen. My wife makes a 48hr bone broth and I make the noodles and the fixins.
The halibut was from a friend who fishes in alaska every year and the steak was from the farm.
I actually just did my first leg of lamb. Sous vide for a little too long, but it was still delicious.
If you're ever in Helena, stop by for dinner! Hunt talkers always welcome.

Back