Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Poaching Justice

Glad to see it, may send that judge an "atta boy" email.

Sad truth -

“I don’t think you’ve come close to accepting responsibility,” Stoker told Pool. “Some who are not hunters would say, ‘what’s the big deal?’ I bet if I talked to avid hunters, they’d probably be outraged … I’m concerned about your callousness for the law in general.”

Glad to see this. Still seems light but a step in the right direction.

On a side note,I like how so many of the comments under the article rightfully point out the douchery of his man-bun.

Am I the only one who can't see the story? The text is blocked out.

Attachments

• rep.jpg
    rep.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 718
Hunting ban wont stop him from poaching again and it doesn't seem like he cares much by his statement to authorities.Now he'll just poach little deer/elk.Glad to see him sit in jail though,but realistically most poachers do it over and over again

How do you feel about shopping?

Kudo's to the judge for handing down this sentence. Ironic though, that in Montana a warden will shoot a bighorn ram over 204", worth several hundred thousand dollars to try and make a misdemeanor case against an alleged unlicensed outfitter..... Nah I'm not bitter. :)

Glad to see him sit in jail though,but realistically most poachers do it over and over again

You're probably right but rarely have we seen a judge add jail time which I would hope suck bad enough to make others think twice. A guy can hope anyway.:(

How do you feel about shopping?

Kudo's to the judge for handing down this sentence. Ironic though, that in Montana a warden will shoot a bighorn ram over 204", worth several hundred thousand dollars to try and make a misdemeanor case against an alleged unlicensed outfitter..... Nah I'm not bitter. :)

How about some insight for those of us who don't know to what you are referring to?

Apparently his fear of being caught over-rode his hunger and that of his family. Cool hair bun, bra.

HA!

What pisses me off is that the lawyers plea bargained it down from a felony to a misdemeanor and tossed the other charge. $3,000.00 fine? He won't pay it. Loss of license? He's a poacher, he doesn't need a license. We had a 19 year old kid get Wyoming's first felony poaching charge. Prison and a fine is what he got, what he needed was an old fashioned ass-whipping by his old man.

Glad one is getting it somewhat.

It's rampant in NM,IMHO
I know of a local who has been on the G&F top ten list(off the record) & lost ,was on probation with his oufiitters/guide lic.......
Back in business again this year.
One of many. Outlaws that is.
Judges seem to be family members of the clan here.
G&F have to dot every I,T& Q there is and these guys get slap on wrist at best or case gets thrown out.

Good and a lifetime revocation of hunting in 48 states!

I really like the reciprocating law but have often wondered how that is enforced. I wonder if there is a data base that red flags those names when they enter any of the other states system?

I would really like to know how it works or if it works at all.

Glad to see a judge with *marbles*. I hope it sends a statement to other judges in the state who only slap some of the vermin on the wrist.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back