Poached Montana Shiras

When I was an LEO in IN many years ago our regions CO (Conservation Officer) busted a serial poacher in my country. The CO was a really sharp dude and when he had good info on the a$$hat he did a lengthy, extensive surveillance job that gave a TON of evidence of the weapons used, the vehicles used, and how he used his home to conceal and process the animals......took it ALL in civil forfeiture. Jeff was a HELL of a CO!!

Yep, big fan of forfeiture in those cases. I wish there was more community service type punishments levied too. Make em go pull noxious invasive weeds or something...

I don't know how it is up there now, but when I lived near Eureka in the mid '70s, the game warden up there then told me that they could double the number of moose if it wasn't for the poaching.

I drew two bull moose tags near West Yellowstone in the '80s. My first one had a 50" spread, and when I checked him at the Gallatin Canyon check station, the biologist's first comment was that I shot a "gummer". He was so old that his teeth were worn down to his gums. He tasted like a tough willow bush and I ended up grinding all of the meat into burger. My second (40") bull was a little younger, but I didn't even try to cut steaks...I just ground everything into burger.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back