Plans for 2023

Raisen Bran and I are already plotting out the maps and locations for our summer scouting leading into the 2023 Elk archery season. My plan is simply for both of us to get our first elk whether bull or cow with our recurves. After that it's all gravy!!!

Clock is ticking. 2022

Sat. morning is close. Elk around in the valley.
New tires on truck, meds refilled, store run in, Rio has fresh cookies. Check.
Rifle out , checked, oiled, ammo & tag at hand. Hunting wear out tomorrow to air in the pinions.
Temps to rise Sat. and possible snow in morning. Perfect conditions with wind from the right direction predicted.

Gave the last LO tag to the Postmistress. She did not draw elk and blanked on the deer. Made her day.

Last edited:
Raisen Bran and I are already plotting out the maps and locations for our summer scouting leading into the 2023 Elk archery season. My plan is simply for both of us to get our first elk whether bull or cow with our recurves. After that it's all gravy!!!
Hell ya! I’ll have to keep in mind you and ol Raisin Bran are in cahoots!! 🤣 good luck to you both can’t wait to see either of y’all’s success!

Oh I’m sorry… you feel God doesn’t provide you the patience or opportunity? The knowledge or the scenery or the emotion? I do… you don’t have to give your thanks to Him
Well, shalom aleichem to you as well! Some dudes on here are brittle and we have to play nice, but not you. I’m sorry I pushed a button.

'23 will be the "on" year for me and my buddy's western trips. Planning mule deer in WY. I had an area picked out but he forgot to buy a point last year so I've been having to figure out a backup plan. Think I have our new area figured out. Looking forward to a new part of the state and a new species.

Clock is ticking. 2022

Sat. morning is close. Elk around in the valley.
New tires on truck, meds refilled, store run in, Rio has fresh cookies. Check.
Rifle out , checked, oiled, ammo & tag at hand. Hunting wear out tomorrow to air in the pinions.
Temps to rise Sat. and possible snow in morning. Perfect conditions with wind from the right direction predicted.

Gave the last LO tag to the Postmistress. She did not draw elk and blanked on the deer. Made her day.
Keep us updated hank! And good on you thats awesome giving her that tag! Good luck!

Not quite done with 2022. But general thoughts on 2023 as follows:
ID Elk - 2 tags
ID Deer - 2 tags (see if I can extend my streak of no deer shooting)
ID pronghorn - Not the best odds but there's a chance at drawing

Will put in for WY pronghorn and elk tags that will have a small chance in the random.

Fly fishing Alaska.

Hunt Africa for fourth time ... this time with my grandson.

Hunt pheasants and deer in Montana ... as usual.

Hopefully hunt in SD BH's with my son.
Apply for tags in MT and WY
Take kids on 2 week western camping trip.

Well, shalom aleichem to you as well! Some dudes on here are brittle and we have to play nice, but not you. I’m sorry I pushed a button.
Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. I had just woken up, perhaps on the wrong side..
I thought you were saying my success and failures is for solely me to take responsibility for…? I’d like to thank the man upstairs for both..

Didn’t push my buttons. Happy holidays to you.

All plans are fluid, but I've had verbal discussions with partners about:
Spring Bear in Western Oregon.(long weekend)
Archery hunt Montana for elk.

Draws I'll apply for:
Idaho Elk
Arizona Elk
California Full Boat (Antelope, Mule Deer, Elk, Sheep)
Nevada Elk

Here’s what I’m shooting for:

1) wyoming H for deer
2) Montana elk
3) put in for the ND archery general and chase some MD in November with the bow. Thanks @brocksw for the inspiration, maybe I’ll find that #30inchtall buck after all.

Here’s what I’m shooting for:

1) wyoming H for deer
2) Montana elk
3) put in for the ND archery general and chase some MD in November with the bow. Thanks @brocksw for the inspiration, maybe I’ll find that #30inchtall buck after all.
I killed the last mule deer in ND. I hear there is a bunch across the boarder in eastern MT though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back