Plans for 2023

I still have about 90% of my hunting left in 2022.

Next year I have 3 WY deer PP, have to decide if it’s time to go. I want to get back to MT for spring bear as soon as I can. Yukon fishing is in the works, as is a 2-wk trip to NZ. Tough part is limited time and $. In reality will have to spread all this out over a few years rather than all in one year.
If you need any help with your NZ trip let me know.

1. AZ Spring Javelina
2. NM Spring Turkey
3. Apply for usual NM fall hunts
4. Apply for usual AZ fall hunts
5. Purchase Colorado Deer/Elk points

Depending on the outcome of the list above:
WY Pronghorn, AZ or NM OTC Bear

Chronologically:
1) Osceola turkey depending on the draw
2) CO turkey
3) WY or ID spring bear
4) CO alpine buck
5) WY antelope...hopefully
6) CO 4th season bull

Hey Birdbander, hopefully someone helps you out with a good starting point in MT. I found a PILE of them at a particular area in CO this year if you change your mind on destination and need an assist there. Flushed couple dozen on foot, no dog, in an hour or so, late Sept. This is a one time HT special offer for Birdbander and Birdbander only… so no other PM’s please. LOL. Terms are that you show better ability to keep a secret than I do!
Thanks Bullshot. I'm pretty committed to an area in MT for next fall. Perhaps your offer will be allowed to be put on layaway for one year. If it's only good for next year, I'll give it serious consideration, especially if you wanted to join.

Call coyotes, probably a spring bear hunt. Once September comes around some bird hunting, first part of October I’ll fill my Montana mountain goat tag. After that I’ll be off to Wyoming to fill my elk tag. Then end of October I’ll try and fill my Montana elk tag and then November head to Arizona to fill my elk tag. Round out the year by getting my bison around Yellowstone and then some more coyote calling

Can dream can’t I

Wyoming Deer with my son, dad, brother, and father in law.

Small game, waterfowl, turkeys, and deer close to home with the family.

Just hoping to be healthy to go hike and hunt.
Not be greedy and try to hunt the world.
I enjoy my state and have only ever hunted it for big game.
Find that one of kind of rock Rockhounders dream of.
Would like to draw an antelope tag before I die. I've given up on Moose.

I’m driving to New Mexico this year to watch the drawing in person, because I know it’s rigged. Some of you guys somehow cheat the system and seem to draw every other year. I’m 0/11 and I’ve applied for some fairly easy to draw hunts.

With my Wyoming antelope points I have a 75% chance to draw my tag (according to this years odds) so that most likely won’t happen.

OTC Nebraska deer and antelope, otc elk in Colorado or Idaho.

I’ll probably end up with a KS deer tag too. My buddy down there keeps sending me pics of giants while I sit in a tree and watch squirrels all day up here.

Last edited:
My wife, who has never hunted, wants to go west and shoot something… she doesn’t care what state or species. I think our 3 options are MT Big game combo(I need to spend my points anyway), CO OTC or low draw tag or I probably have enough WY deer points to draw a general tag on a party app. Leaning to SW Montana. She is a CrossFit junkie, so at least she will pull her weight if we get a pack out😜. I’m so excited for this I’ve probably sent 4 hrs a day on GOHUNT/onX since she decided this.

My, by then, 11yo daughter wants to do a mentored youth deer hunt here in WI in October. So getting her ready for that.

Neither of the girls have shot much, but with a year to practice I’m very confident we can make ‘em sharpshooters.

My 6yo son is dying that he is the only one in the house that doesn’t get to hunt next year. He has been shooting a little bow a fair amount, so maybe we will have to upgrade him to keep him busy. His uncle had him over yesterday to butcher a car killed deer…. The enthusiasm of youth is special.

I wasn't going to let the incredible generosity that Bullshot extended to me be wasted.

I've reserved a cabin in Colorado for the week of 17 September next year to hunt dusky grouse for the first time! Man, I'm excited!

Hopefully I don't bump too many elk that others are chasing during archery season. I usually start my bird hunts a little late in the morning to help in sharing the woods.

Hope all of y'alls hunt plans work out!

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back