Plans for 2023

Buy a crossbow, sight it into 150yds, shoot a giant “archery” bull in Wyoming.

I’m gonna be in the minority here but hunt local with a heavy emphasis on waterfowl. I took 4 trips out west this year and it was too much. I will probably go to eastern NoDak but that’s it.

Well I had a big year lined up was planning two trips or one long trip out west and be gone a total of16-18 day's. Was going to cash in my WY deer points for a region K tag then do either Colorado 1st rifle elk or Colorado rifle pronghorn or maybe a SD BH whitetail tag. The day after Thanksgiving my wife informed me we would be having our 3rd child. Bad news this blew my plans apart good news the due date is for the end of July so no hunting season birthdays! Seriously though we're thrilled and since my wifes amazing she insisted I go out west but asked that I wait till the babies 2 months and limit it to 8-9 days with travel. So I think I'll go ahead with my plans for getting a Colorado 1st rifle tag and call it a year. I'm going to go ahead and apply for New Mexico and swing for the fences. Watch I'll finally get a tag the first year I don't actually want one. That'll be a fun conversation: "uh honey I drew a mid August antelope tag have fun with our 8,7, and 2 week old deuces". Oh well better to ask for forgiveness than permission right?

As for what's set in stone as of now:
1st- A January free range exotic hunt in west Texas.
2nd- Week of Turkey hunting in western Oklahoma in April plus a little Turkey hunting around here in SE Oklahoma for the rest of the season.
3rd- Hunt dove opener September 1st.
4th- Deer hunt here in Oklahoma probably stay close to home no western Oklahoma deer hunt this year.

I think next year will just be hunting at home; trying to get as much time out for deer as I can, both alone and with the kids. Hopefully that involves a cool camping trip at some point.

Are you going to wear a go pro?
I would be interested in hearing how your trip goes.
Yes, definitely. It’s funny you mentioned that. We did it 2 years ago, had a great time—3 of us shot a ton of pigs. The guy had go pros mounted on the rifles, inside the copter, and 3 cameras outside the copter. They changed SD cards every time we switched shooters. Luckily my buddy used his go pro too because the guy never sent us the videos. He must have lost them. I was willing to pay for them but he either flaked or he didn’t like us because we were from California. We have a better place picked out this time. Here is the place

B281A38A-E5F6-47CA-8E38-F145C90AC9EF.jpeg

Well I had a big year lined up was planning two trips or one long trip out west and be gone a total of16-18 day's. Was going to cash in my WY deer points for a region K tag then do either Colorado 1st rifle elk or Colorado rifle pronghorn or maybe a SD BH whitetail tag. The day after Thanksgiving my wife informed me we would be having our 3rd child. Bad news this blew my plans apart good news the due date is for the end of July so no hunting season birthdays! Seriously though we're thrilled and since my wifes amazing she insisted I go out west but asked that I wait till the babies 2 months and limit it to 8-9 days with travel. So I think I'll go ahead with my plans for getting a Colorado 1st rifle tag and call it a year. I'm going to go ahead and apply for New Mexico and swing for the fences. Watch I'll finally get a tag the first year I don't actually want one. That'll be a fun conversation: "uh honey I drew a mid August antelope tag have fun with our 8,7, and 2 week old deuces". Oh well better to ask for forgiveness than permission right?

As for what's set in stone as of now:
1st- A January free range exotic hunt in west Texas.
2nd- Week of Turkey hunting in western Oklahoma in April plus a little Turkey hunting around here in SE Oklahoma for the rest of the season.
3rd- Hunt dove opener September 1st.
4th- Deer hunt here in Oklahoma probably stay close to home no western Oklahoma deer hunt this year.
DUECES!! ✌🏽👌🏽🤣

If'in I ever get an elk hunt I can see hunting with anything but the 54 cal. Flint lock. Traditional open sites and buckskins.

Where is your stag hunt? May is a great time to hunt in NZ.
Horopito. I have never been there but I understand it should be nice. We’re doing Lahar Sika Wilderness Red Stag Hunt. It got put on hold the last 2 years due to covid. I’m really excited about this one!

In for antelope and deer in Wyo. Should draw deer, antelope will take a lot of luck.

Points again for CO.

In for antelope and elk in Kansas. OTC deer and birds. Have the points for antelope, elk is a pipe dream.

Haven't figured it out 100%, but have been doing a lot of research for a Arizona Javelina and quail hunt around the first of the year (2024). Would love for this plan to come together.

Hope to place somewhere other than dead last in the local bass club tournaments. I can catch a buzz, a tan but I'll be damned if I can't catch one of those tourney winning largemouth.

Will head down to Arkansas and Oklahoma for Striper Bass.

My plans might get blown up if my wife gets a job back in Wyo. She's applied for a great position though highly competitive. So we'll see.

Horopito. I have never been there but I understand it should be nice. We’re doing Lahar Sika Wilderness Red Stag Hunt. It got put on hold the last 2 years due to covid. I’m really excited about this one!
Its a great area and I'm sure you'll have a great hunt. I have hunted the public area a lot that surrounds the private you'll be hunting.

Gonna head to Oklahoma to hunt hogs in March with my brother. Once April hits will start hunting Turkeys in Montana and Colorado. In May I will start hunting bears in Montana. As far as applications go it will be
Deer in MT, CO, AZ
Elk in MT, CO, AZ, NM
Pronghorn in MT, CO
Sheep in MT, CO
Goat in MT, CO
Moose in MT, CO, ID
If I can get it to work out I may try and get to West TX for Aoudad in February but so far that isn't set in stone.

I LOVE THE BREAKS!!!!!

But im out of points.. So a ND elk tag and a WY archery elk tag will suffice.

Back