PEAX Equipment

Plans for 2023

I wasn't going to let the incredible generosity that Bullshot extended to me be wasted.

I've reserved a cabin in Colorado for the week of 17 September next year to hunt dusky grouse for the first time! Man, I'm excited!

Hopefully I don't bump too many elk that others are chasing during archery season. I usually start my bird hunts a little late in the morning to help in sharing the woods.

Hope all of y'alls hunt plans work out!
You are going to have a great time out there. Looking forward to hearing about it!

Plenty of room in that area, there were (and will be) a few camps but its public land as they say. Hunting a little later in the morning is very respectable. Most of the elk action subsides quickly after the first 2 hrs of daylight. Grouse on the other hand, will give you plenty of time!

Last edited:
Grouse & quail go through the end of January, so I’ll be out a few times for that. Going to try some waterfowling, too. Then spring turkey In April.

Camping in the summer to scout for general blacktail season. Fall bear in august, upland in September, then blacktail in October.

It looks like a packed schedule, but we’ll see if I actually harvest anything though.

*See if I have the patience to stand in the virtual line for an Idaho elk tag
*Still working on a spring snow goose depredation/conservation hunt ?where
*Possible Idaho spring bear
*Possible Oregon spring bear
*Possible Cali archery elk
*Possible Cali rifle antelope
*Oregon elk
*Oregon deer
*Oregon bear/cat tags to accompany
*Plus two vacations planned and have to do my SAR training re-up…gonna be a busy year for the old timer!

There are still 4 more months of falconry left!

It’s never too early to start thinking about next year, tho. I’m hoping my falcon ends the season healthy and flying well - as he currently is - so I’m going into next hunting season with a made bird. I’d like to do some archery elk hunting again it’s been 3 seasons and will be 4 next since I’ve put in any effort elk hunting.

Other than that, I am going to spend a lot more time in the Beartooths. This past year was really a bust with all the closures and the usual 12-15 lakes I’ll make it too ended up being 0 (I did do a few lakes in other nearby mountains, buts it’s not the same). No overnighters this past summer either.

Other than that, I’m going to Cyprus in April to visit my brother and his family. Then, I’m hoping that my mother and I can do a little hiking trip in the Pyrenees in July - we’ve been taking about doing something for years and I’m going to try to make it happen.

Happy hunting, everyone!

Excited for a spring bear hunt in New Brunswick in June. As for the fall, its whatever we can draw a tag for but most likely it'll be a WY pronghorn trip. If we completely strike out, maybe a fishing trip or grouse hunt somewhere.

1) South Africa in June.
2) Hopefully use my 12 WY preference points for elk.
3) Work on my calling over the winter, with the hope of notching my elk tag on an archery bull here in Montana.

Planning on moving to British Columbia in the Summer. Downside is I won't be able to hunt next season due to the residence timeframe. My girlfriend and I are also thinking about visiting Japan and South Korea for a bit. Never been to either place but it looks like it could be a good learning experience

Spring Turkey in a few states, hopefully Sept AK moose and a late season elk tag with the old man.

I’m going to go on a cruise with my wife and likely get pretty drunk and piss over the railing into a sharks eye and then just hunt a couple draw whitetail hunts here in Georgia and keep it low key for a year. I won’t be going west next year with a tag in my pocket for the first time since 2015 unless I draw a pretty good tag randomly.

Smoke a bunch of chron, ski some good shit, maybe Colorado bear, early season deer, Colorado grouse or maybe Montana grouse cause I hear there’s good hunting out there and the terrain’s more mild, shoot a bunch of squirrels, try to get a whitetail with my bow, take over the world.

Moving back home to MT after almost 5 years in Omaha, NE. Helena is where we will be calling home. I'll be hunting OTC bear, elk, deer along with fishing and trying to find birds every chance I get. Montana is one of those "don't know what you got till it's gone" types of places and I can't wait to be back.

Stay alive and try to keep from going broke.
Will be hunting muley bucks in January here in NM.
Possibly barbary on private in March.
Put in for every species in NM.
Possibly put in for KS whitetail.
Buy another Wyoming mule deer point.

I have 1-2 elk hunts, 1 pronghorn hunt and 1 mule deer hunt loosely planned. Also some spring turkey for the first time in 3 years, and some small game mixed in (dove, grouse, rabbit, pheasant).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back