Pet Peeves

Hunting related: Being scoped, trash of any kind but most notably used TP and empty plastic water bottles, ATV's, even worse are side by sides which seem to attract a special kind of DB.
None hunting: too many to list but those who adjust their speed so they can ride in your blindspot ranks up there.

Tall toilets. Look, I know older folks have a hard time getting up from a short toilet. But I have a hard time emptying in a tall toilet. At least put a stool or something to simulate a squatted position.

You would really like China.

Honestly, after a decade of "Platinum" status on Delta - nothing bothers be anymore. I plug into podcasts and get to where I am going. Too many things made travel miserable. Hell, I pack a cooler of meat (small carry-on) so I can cook in hotel rooms and ignore the restaurants.

How did I become a curmudgeon at 43? I hope it won't get worse.

My pet peeve is people who trash campsites. Always had the "take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints" beaten into me as a child. The last campsite we went to we filled up two trash bags with other people's crap. Found three shoes, some carpet, and a plastic bong among the other garbage, and broken glass everywhere.

If we aren't stewards to the lands that we all love, they will not be there for long.

Every year: rotting carcasses with the antler base sawn off

Back in the day it was portable meth labs via ATV everywhere on public ground.

But the timeless classic is a hill of malt liquor cans beneath a tree stand

Hunting buddy’s that overeducate(know it all) comes to mind. It gets old being lectured on what I am doing wrong/how I should be doing things all day long. Kinda miss being alone at times.

Oh... and those bass-turds that have to crank that annoying "thumping" on their car stereo like the rest of us want to hear the schitt. Rattling their plastic interior loose and making awful buzzing and vibrating sounds. Ought to give them citations for noise poĺlution.

Oh... and those bass-turds that have to crank that annoying "thumping" on their car stereo like the rest of us want to hear the schitt. Rattling their plastic interior loose and making awful buzzing and vibrating sounds. Ought to give them citations for noise poĺlution.

shoe-in-the-dryer "music"

My pet peeve is when outfitters cut trees and make them fall across public roads to try and keep other hunters out. That and when people do not pack their trash out or they do not dig latrines to bury their crap and you got human feces and toilet paper all over the place.

I got to edit and add to this: One thing that my dad always emphasized when we went hunting was to never leave a sign you were even there. As kids, me and my siblings picked up a lot of trash from previous campers including cigarette butts and fish bait containers and that. And even spent cartridges from their shooting sprees.

Last edited:
No they don't have to be hunting related. I have one that no hunter I have ever known would do but for some reason every TV news caster from national shows to local seems to think that a football field is a unit of measure. i.e. "The tornado was on the ground for a distance of four football fields." You mean 400 yards or close to 1/4 mile or maybe any real unit of measure?

Is that like when somebody uses "acres" as a distance, like "it was 3 acres away"? Because that drives me up the wall...

You would not like me then. I roll faster than the vast majority, I tend to stick in the left lane - being boxed in is on my pet peeve list which is what happens elsewise.
You lot drive on the wrong side of the road anyway, everybody gets out of my way when I visit the states, I can't understand why?;)

Back to the question, one of mine was already mentioned by 88man, shooting show hosts should lead by example, we have all heard the excuse, 'oh it was the camera angle, I didn't really fire at a skyline deer!', just too clarify, not Mr Newberg!
Another, he 'had big horns on that deer', nope they are antlers.
Taking a photo of the deer with the rifle pointed in the direction of the photographer or having the bolt closed.
Showing little respect to the animal who's life one have just taken.
Finally, fantasist keyboard hunters.

Sorry, I'm grumpy today, lack of sleep and bloody painful leg keeping me awake.

Cheers

Richard

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back