Pet Peeves

gouch

I've got a few but the one that seems to get to me the most is when a tree falls across a forest road the first guy that shows up with a saw almost always seems to cut a section out of the log just wide enough so if you go real slow you can squeeze a truck through with 2 inches to spare on each side. Does everyone drive smart cars? IT'S JUST AS EASY TO MOVE YOUR CUTS TWO FEET FARTHER OUT! Better yet spend a little time to clear it completely from the road. A couple of days ago my buddy and I noticed a snag had fallen across a road to a camp spot we sometimes use. We didn't have a saw but I said it looked easy enough to cut out. He said "Yah, just cut here and here" pointing to two spots on the log. Sure enough, if you did what he said the opening would be just wide enough to squeeze through with no room to spare. I about smacked him upside his head.

Out hunting in the middle of nowhere. We hiked in 4 miles. Set up camp. Next day we are out scouting and ran across a couple hunters. We told them where we were camped, thinking they would find a spot over another ridge. NOPE they camped 150 yards from us. Pissed me off. When i see someone camped I will find another ridge, valley or go a couple miles. Thats why I am back there in the first pale.

Oh and by the way, they ended up thinking they were long range snipers. Ran into them a day later over the top of the ridge. They spotted elk 972 yards across the canyon. I asked which way they were going to make a stalk so we would go the opposite direction and not mess up there hunt. Their response "were just waiting for the bull to step out so we can shoot him from here" I said its a little far isn't it? "Nope its only 972 across."

Since I am kinda a dick and already pissed they camped near us, we left and went a different direction. Only to double back on the same side of the canyon as the elk. It was thick timber so they never saw us. I made enough noise that the elk there were looking for left and went up over the ridge, and we shot him. They think we shot another elk.

I've got a few but the one that seems to get to me the most is when a tree falls across a forest road the first guy that shows up with a saw almost always seems to cut a section out of the log just wide enough so if you go real slow you can squeeze a truck through with 2 inches to spare on each side. Does everyone drive smart cars?

I think SmartCar guy has it figured out, if he leaves enough tree in the road he gets an extra hour head start at the trailhead while pickup guy has to saw the extra two feet off to drive through...

I think SmartCar guy has it figured out, if he leaves enough tree in the road he gets an extra hour head start at the trailhead while pickup guy has to saw the extra two feet off to drive through...
He might even drop a tree across the road where there wasn’t one and then cut the gap just big enough for his car.

Yup... people who leave their trash. On public land in Missouri, you can identify past stand sites by the empty beer cans(another peeve, and illegal... drinking while hunting), Tink's 69 bottles, and marking tape. Freaking slobs. Public fishing accesses are littered with broken bottles, worm containers, condoms, tampons, dirty diapers, etc. Sickening.

Is this hunting/outdoor specific or is it an anything goes type deal? Because I could probably write a novel. But seriously, I hate people that take their trash to the woods, shoot it and leave it there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back