Caribou Gear

Pendley is out

i suspect the trump administration has recalculated their risks and realizes, or can no longer stand, that pendley is one of the many liabilities they face that risk the ability to maintain senate control after november, and, even if a minor risk, a risk to the oval office. drop the liability.

Another big win. Seems that the primaries and GAO may have senate a message to the Senate that sportsman are watching. Great news

This is an interesting point. If he resumes his role, and no one else is appointed, then he is still the acting director and there is no change. Hopefully he is totally out of the BLM, and if that is the case, then great news

i think he is remaining acting director for now. i think that article mentioned the administration extended the acting directorship another year?

i still consider it a win. the potential implications of pendley's presence seem to be weighing on the administration

any updates on montana's lawsuit directed at the legality of this acting director tenure?

While this is good, this administration has already learned how to overcome Senate objections for posts that are arguably more important than the head of the BLM. They did this by floating John Ratcliffe for DNI, retracting him when he met with Senate objections, and then later installing an acting director (Richard Grennell) the Senate Republicans found even more objectionable and forced their hand with Ratcliffe.

My gut says that if the Trump administration wins the election, Pendley will likely be installed as a Senate confirmed head of the BLM. I think the argument against this gut feeling is that Trump is probably not very aware of the BLM/Department of Interior, and so he probably isn't as invested in this as he has been about other Senate confirmed positions.

Daines, Gardner, and McSally all sit on the nominee approval committee. They needed to push his name forward for a full Vote in the Senate. Democrats basically said “Go ahead, I dare you”. I am curious too if this means he is out or just remains “acting” in the role. This administration does seem to love unconfirmed people leading departments. And at this point Senators are happy to not have to go on record voting to confirm them.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back