Michigan’s Isle Royale wolves: 4 new litters of pups, odd wolf pack dynamics

What a colossal waste of money. "The 20-year cost of reintroducing wolves and monitoring them should be about $2 million."

Having an annual moose hunt, with a drawing, and tags, or even some of the tags going to a lottery system - could have been a significant money making endeavor.

What a colossal waste of money. "The 20-year cost of reintroducing wolves and monitoring them should be about $2 million."

Having an annual moose hunt, with a drawing, and tags, or even some of the tags going to a lottery system - could have been a significant money making endeavor.
Wildlife aren't about making money. Believe it or not.

Wildlife aren't about making money. Believe it or not.
Human forced wildlife experimental isolated island labs that produce the same results NATURE already naturally defined for the study of DNA inbreeding deformities of wildlife is a gross miscarriage of "science".

THAT is a waste of $. ;)

Human forced wildlife experimental isolated island labs that produce the same results NATURE already naturally defined for the study of DNA inbreeding deformities of wildlife is a gross miscarriage of "science".

THAT is a waste of $. ;)
I have to disagree. That is an overly simplistic view built on a foundation of hubris. This is a long, ongoing study where scientists have learned a lot. Even if the learning includes learning what we don't know, it is still something and can't be translated into a $ amount.

We are forcing their [wolf] deformities that nature has already shown WILL occur for gov't study and you call this hubris? Hubris on account of Rolf Peterson, yes. I'd agree.

Yep - Hubris, indeed.

I'm reminded, again, OIG reports lack of fiscal oversight for federal grant issuance. Though, carry on... ;)

Thankfully, I'm reminded of many opinions shared by the infinite wisdom of forum posters as well yet... You continue to post @FI460 you opinion of constitutionality for 2A.

Agree or disagree - we share opinions on internet forums. You as well.

Get off your high horse slowly... You might find yourself fall in the shit you opted to dismount within.

I'm reminded, again, OIG reports lack of fiscal oversight for federal grant issuance. Though, carry on... ;)

Thankfully, I'm reminded of many opinions shared by the infinite wisdom of forum posters as well yet... You continue to post @FI460 you opinion of constitutionality for 2A.

Agree or disagree - we share opinions on internet forums. You as well.

Get off your high horse slowly... You might find yourself fall in the shit you opted to dismount within.

Na, I quite like it up here.

Bringing a little bit of nuance to dogmatic ax grinding is one of my favorite things to do.

But we've danced this dance. I'm over Isle Royale wolf discussion.

We are forcing their [wolf] deformities that nature has already shown WILL occur for gov't study and you call this hubris? Hubris on account of Rolf Peterson, yes. I'd agree.

Yep - Hubris, indeed.
Just saying we don't know every damn thing and not even as much as we think we do. The “let nature take its course” argument is easily grasped by antis. See the thread of Colorado wildlife management into an “era of mutualism”. We have seen similar here in WA where a commissioner asked why we needed hunters if predators were managing elk and deer just fine. You either want to be a part of the learning process or not. That includes long-running studies on predators and prey in National Parks which don't allow hunting. I hate putting a $ value on everything, but if you want to make an argument for hunting it is the funds it generates. That said, it is a 50+yr study on an Island turned in to a NATIONAL PARK. These are slippery slopes.

THAT is a waste of $. ;)
No. And certainly you have grossly understated the scope and depth of the research that has been ongoing for some decades.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back