Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pellet Grill/Smoker

Ive got a camp chef. You can get one at dicks sporting goods when they go on sale for 399. Big fan of mine

We replaced a traeger at work with a Pit Boss and it’s been great. It gets used a lot and turn out great food. We’ve been very pleased and it seems as though it’s a fantastic value for the dollar.

Yeah if you want something with as cheap a build as traveler, get a pit boss. Save some money. The hinges are absolute garbage. Traeger is way over priced. Green mountain grills have much better hinges.

Yeah I have a Pitboss 820d I bought from Lowe's for $300 best purchase ever!

Wouldn't bother with Traeger unless you get a smoking deal. Camp Chef, GMG, or Grill Grills are all ranked consistently higher on the BBQ forums.

i need to keep an eye on the Pitboss's sales as our propane smoker is on its last leg, rusting out at the bottom

I've had Rec Tec now for a few years and love it. It's stupid easy to use, and have never had any issues with it. Their technology was far in advance of any of the other grills until Traeger just updated their grills this past year.

Still the best pellet grill on the market IMO other than the Yoder grills which are in a league of their own.

you guys with your Pellet grills--do you still have/use a propane grill?

I have a green mountain pellet grill and a three burner camp chef with grill box sitting side by side on my deck. I like having the propane option for things I want done quick, crappy cold weather and also the open burner for using cast iron pans, etc on

Pellet grill for everything, the extra couple minutes it takes is always worth it. I threw my gas grill in the scrap pile!

what square inch size do you guys find is plenty? 440 has to do it for almost everything yeah?

what square inch size do you guys find is plenty? 440 has to do it for almost everything yeah?
Mine is 592 square inch’s and will fit an entire large full size brisket without any issue. Never had wanted one any bigger even when cooking for large groups.

I use my Treager, Weber Genises and Weber Kettle equally. They all have their pluses and minuses. Personally I find chicken taste better cooked over lump charcoal therefore I use the kettle, ribs, brisket pulled pork or anything calling for low and slow I use the treager and if I want a good seer on a steak or a quick cook I will get my Genises up to 700 plus and seer.

damnit steve, I was hoping to get rid of some equipment; i thought i would be able to get rid of the charcoal grill for sure...

Back