Gas Grill Gripe.

2rocky

My Char Broil Gas Grill is beyond toast. Looking for a replacement.

The OKlahoma Joe combo with a smoker is tempting but I can be swayed for a cheaper price, as long as the guts don't rustout like every other grill has.

I bought a Weber from Lowe’s several years ago, they were clearancing out the color. Based on how it’s held up vs the previous gas grills I’ve had, I’ll buy another one. Plus you can actually order replacement parts if you’re inclined

We have two Weber Gas grills that are still working fine. Replacement parts like the igniter are readily available.

We got a new Weber as our Christmas gift from Ace love it...Genesis 335. The cast iron grates are worth it.

I have a separate smoker and a webber charcoal kettle when needed.

Even the stainless steel burner tubes rust out in about a year, but they are replaceable, and I can get 5 of them for $30 on EBay. I just remove the top grill, lift the old tube out, put the new one in making sure the open end is over the gas port, then replace the grill. Takes about three minutes. I have had the same Charbroil grill for 15 years, but replace the burner tubes almost yearly. I am hesitant to replace it, because it is natural gas, and they are hard to come by now without buying a conversion kit or spending close to $2000 for a new one.

Another vote for Weber.

I installed a genesis in my outdoor kitchen in 2008. Average use is probably 2-3 times a week since, even during the winter. The grill will bury the temperature needle which I think is at 600 degrees F. Most, but not everything is stainless. There were some metal pieces that I had to replace about 3 years ago but was able to fabricate myself with some .75 angle iron. I ran a line from the house propane tank so I don't have to deal with cylinders.

grill.png

Sorry in advance as this is not what you are asking about, but I went from a gas grill to a pellet grill about 2 years ago. I would pay full price for a pellet grill instead of a free gas grill if mine was stolen. I will never go back to gas. Just something to think about.
Thats a good point. I actually have a traeger I use alot too. For searing steaks the gas grill wins. Ribs, pork steaks, brats, etc get smoked on the traeger. If I had to pick just one I would go for the pellet grill.

Weber is the standard.

I like the Nexgrills from Home Depot. Solid build and work great. Cast iron grates over all else.

Weber is the standard.

I like the Nexgrills from Home Depot. Solid build and work great. Cast iron grates over all else.
This echos a lot of what I heard already. Char broils CI grates are solid rust. I think the Weber grates have an enamel coating.

That said the price point of pellet grills on non Traeger is pretty appealing too!

This echos a lot of what I heard already. Char broils CI grates are solid rust. I think the Weber grates have an enamel coating.

That said the price point of pellet grills on non Traeger is pretty appealing too!

the nexgrill I have has the infrafred sheets. They're stainless and have held up well for 2.5 years. I like 'em, but I like the cast iron grates better.

If it's gas, I'm buying a Weber. Mine is 20 years old and I've been trying to kill it for 10 years. The only thing I've ever had to do was buy new grates.

Additionally, if I were buying a pellet grill, I'd buy a Traeger.

(The man asked for opinions, Traeger haters can stick it in their collective ear.)

Are you set on a gas grill? Reason I ask is that’d I’d recommend a Blackstone griddle instead of a gas grill. The model with dual air fryers, warming drawer and lid is a backyard sensation for making good food especially for a crowd.

We had a propane Weber for 20 years, and only got rid of it when we had our backyard re-done and ran gas lines to a fire pit and to a natural gas grill, another Weber. Gave it to one of the kids who did the stone work. As above, replacement parts pretty cheap if you need them.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back