Gas Grill Gripe.

The grates and burners in my weber are stainless and are original from 2008. I just lit said grill to do some burgers and the temp guage goes to 750 not the 600 I mentioned earlier.

I am a Broilmaster fan. You simply can’t kill them and they last for YEARS. I mean like many years. Swap the burner every so often and they will last longer than you. My current grill is as least 20 years old and operates like it’s new.

Sorry in advance as this is not what you are asking about, but I went from a gas grill to a pellet grill about 2 years ago. I would pay full price for a pellet grill instead of a free gas grill if mine was stolen. I will never go back to gas. Just something to think about.
This x100

I’ve been using a three burner camp chef with grille box for the past few years. Generally pretty happy with it and I like having the extra open burner for pots and pans. I don’t think it’s anywhere close to as nice as some of the webers but it has worked well. Also easy to store in the winter

I replaced my Weber Genesis from 2007 this spring. Still worked fine, but the painted parts of the frame were rusting and I broke the lid stops trying to clear 16” of snow from it last winter. It lived outside, uncovered through MN winters and our humid a$$ summers. Had to replace the igniter button a couple times due to rogue squirrels, but that was literally it. Replaced it with the same model (and a cover this time). I prefer the stainless grates over cast for longevity in my environment. Bought both at my local Ace.

My son just got a Blackstone, he's made everything from steak, burgers to bacon and scrambled eggs.

If you prefer seared over flame broiled,, consider it

I’ve been using a three burner camp chef with grille box for the past few years. Generally pretty happy with it and I like having the extra open burner for pots and pans. I don’t think it’s anywhere close to as nice as some of the webers but it has worked well. Also easy to store in the winter

I've got the pioneer (2 burner) with a steel griddle & the grill box. We use it often during the summer and for camping/hunting. Also use it for canning the 9.7 million tomatoes the Mrs has on the go.

My Weber is over 25 years old and going strong. Replaced the burners once and the flavorizer bars twice. It stays outside with a cover on it. It gets used 2-3 times a week year round. I should be able to get another 20+ years out of it based on how it’s holding up.

Phoenix makes some awesome grills. Here’s a pic of my second one (the first one was lost by divorce)😪. This one is 12 years old and doesn’t look good, but still works great. I’ve never replaced anything on it. The igniter ev still works.

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
I have used the Weber Q portable grill since we moved to Los Alamos in 2015. After using my son's two-burner Weber last week, I now have a new item for my birthday list.

David
NM

Unless you're deadset on new, I would look on Facebook for a used one. I picked one up for $50 and all it needed was new grates. I recently picked up a Zman pellet grill and it works pretty good. It's not perfect but for the cost compared to a Traeger I can't complain. When I bought it I wasn't sure if I would use a pellet grill that much but it gets used a majority of them time in lie of the gas grill.

Weber Charcoal here....I always miss the convenience and speed of a gas grill until....actually no, I never do. If you're gonna grill, get charcoal, enjoy the flavor, thank me later.

ML has pledged to buy me a new Grill and she was willing to do a 3 in 1 Oklahoma Joe.

Instead, I upgraded my Bradley Smoker with a PID and New upgraded Heating Element. I like the option to have different wood puck fuels that don't take up space, and I have a rolling toolbox the smoker sits upon that holds all the parts and is easily stored inside when not using.

I'm seriosly considering a Monument 4 burner https://monumentgrills.com/products/35633-4-burner-gas-grill

for the Charcoal purists , I have a Campfire ring with adjustable grate in the patio:

1712860039000.png

Weber Charcoal here....I always miss the convenience and speed of a gas grill until....actually no, I never do. If you're gonna grill, get charcoal, enjoy the flavor, thank me later.
Does nobody here get home late, throw some uncle ben's Ready rice in the microwave, and a couple of steaks on the grill that preheated for just 5 minutes?

Besides in my Coastal climate charcoal tends to absorb moisture in the winter. Don't get me wrong, it's a treat to cook on mesquite chunk charcoal, but that is an activity that requires full attention and much more time... Charcoal is king for a quality product for a large crowd, but convenience and speed are the hallmarks of the gas grill as a tool for me.

1712931947773.png

Does nobody here get home late, throw some uncle ben's Ready rice in the microwave, and a couple of steaks on the grill that preheated for just 5 minutes?

Impromptu dinner party this week. I served 4 w/ pork tenderloin & sirloin steaks, grilled potatoes and broccoli. Fired up the grill, waited 5 minutes and started cooking.

Life gets in the way of living the hirsute aesthetic. The convenience of gas means we grill almost every day from mid April until November.

As Hank Hill says

Image of This is a propane grill, so you're smelling the meat, not the heat.

Since we got a griddle (Grilla Primate) our Traeger and Vermont Castings LP get very little use. Griddles and sous vide make a mean pairing. Still times for the Traeger, VC grill has almost become a piece of yard art. One nice element of the Primate is you can set up 2/3 griddle and 1/3 grill or 100% grill or griddle. If we bought it first we would have never bought the others.

Impromptu dinner party this week. I served 4 w/ pork tenderloin & sirloin steaks, grilled potatoes and broccoli. Fired up the grill, waited 5 minutes and started cooking.

Life gets in the way of living the hirsute aesthetic. The convenience of gas means we grill almost every day from mid April until November.

As Hank Hill says

Image of This is a propane grill, so you're smelling the meat, not the heat.'re smelling the meat, not the heat.
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ov9jX12eZJfphyONW" width="480" height="366" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back