Caribou Gear Tarp

Partial List of Things I Don't Get

Just for fun and I'll caveat this by putting out there a half-hearted "to each his own". Feel free to comment and add your own. Here goes:

1. Def Leppard. No member of the the group sticks me as particularly talented and their music is over-produced and uninteresting. Their lyrics are silly and mostly just nonsense. They're not as popular as they once were, but I still hear them on "classic rock" stations a lot. Don't get it. Never have.

2. Cats. They suck. This truth is self evident.

3. Ice Fishing. As a fellow outdoorsman, why on earth would you do that to yourself?

4. Japanese Food. They over-cook their vegetables and under-cook their meat, if they cook it at all. And by the way, it just sorta tastes awful. That includes sushi, sake, and everything else, and the fact that people go out of their way to eat sushi leaves me perplexed.

5. Black Licorice. This one probably tops the chart. How many otherwise pleasant jelly bean experiences have been ruined by not paying attention - maybe it's under low-light conditions - pop a bean into you mouth thinking it's grape and instead it's an explosion of chemical waste that will linger at the back of your tongue until next month. Wow. How did that flavor ever make it on the jelly bean list to begin with. Gives me chills just to think about it.
3 out of 5 aint bad. DL and Japanese food are great if you are doing it right.

Danny Carey is awesome, and I like Tool, but they are fairly one dimensional so it’s hard to compare.

I was bummed out by the last album, they are all out of ideas and just recycled their old style and let Danny Carey drive it with his offbeats and tribal stuff. I listened to it one time and never have again.

Danny Carey is awesome, and I like Tool, but they are fairly one dimensional so it’s hard to compare.

I was bummed out by the last album, they are all out of ideas and just recycled their old style and let Danny Carey drive it with his offbeats and tribal stuff. I listened to it one time and never have again.

While I do like the album it is not their best work. It does have a few bright spots, especially the title track.

I suspect it will be their last album. I think they are all in their mid to late 50’s.

I regret never seeing them live in their prime.

Dang I am getting old.

1) Why I have to play 20 questions whenever I pump a tank of gas.

2) Decaf coffee and N/A Beer. I love the taste of both coffee and beer, but at the end of the day I'm drinking them for the effect

3) Throw pillows on beds. I understand them on couches, since visitors probably see them. But literally no one sees the bed except you. Knock it off!

I'm sure there's more, but that's what's grinding my gears at the moment.

Things I don’t get.

1. Why people pay big money to eat out when home cooked food is better.

2. Why people act like in the event of a government tyranny that their AR-15 is gonna make a difference.

3. Why a commercial fisherman on NC coast can use gill nets to catch flounder but a man with a rod and reel is limited to one month of the year to be able to keep the same fish because supposedly the population is suffering.

4.Why some people would rather buy something cheap 3 times in their life than buy quality once.

Back