PEAX Equipment

Partial List of Things I Don't Get

Brian in Montana

Just for fun and I'll caveat this by putting out there a half-hearted "to each his own". Feel free to comment and add your own. Here goes:

1. Def Leppard. No member of the the group sticks me as particularly talented and their music is over-produced and uninteresting. Their lyrics are silly and mostly just nonsense. They're not as popular as they once were, but I still hear them on "classic rock" stations a lot. Don't get it. Never have.

2. Cats. They suck. This truth is self evident.

3. Ice Fishing. As a fellow outdoorsman, why on earth would you do that to yourself?

4. Japanese Food. They over-cook their vegetables and under-cook their meat, if they cook it at all. And by the way, it just sorta tastes awful. That includes sushi, sake, and everything else, and the fact that people go out of their way to eat sushi leaves me perplexed.

5. Black Licorice. This one probably tops the chart. How many otherwise pleasant jelly bean experiences have been ruined by not paying attention - maybe it's under low-light conditions - pop a bean into you mouth thinking it's grape and instead it's an explosion of chemical waste that will linger at the back of your tongue until next month. Wow. How did that flavor ever make it on the jelly bean list to begin with. Gives me chills just to think about it.

Just for fun and I'll caveat this by putting out there a half-hearted "to each his own". Feel free to comment and add your own. Here goes:

1. Def Leppard. No member of the the group sticks me as particularly talented and their music is over-produced and uninteresting. Their lyrics are silly and mostly just nonsense. They're not as popular as they once were, but I still hear them on "classic rock" stations a lot. Don't get it. Never have.

I'm done with this thread already. mtmuley

3. Ice Fishing. As a fellow outdoorsman, why on earth would you do that to yourself?

4. Japanese Food. They over-cook their vegetables and under-cook their meat, if they cook it at all. And by the way, it just sorta tastes awful. That includes sushi, sake, and everything else, and the fact that people go out of their way to eat sushi leaves me perplexed.

5. Black Licorice. This one probably tops the chart. How many otherwise pleasant jelly bean experiences have been ruined by not paying attention - maybe it's under low-light conditions - pop a bean into you mouth thinking it's grape and instead it's an explosion of chemical waste that will linger at the back of your tongue until next month. Wow. How did that flavor ever make it on the jelly bean list to begin with. Gives me chills just to think about it.
I can agree with 2 thru 5 but do not with 1. there's other things that would make more sense, like why would a man wear his hair in a bun on top of his head or why would he shoot a 6.5 creedmoor. Those things make no sense.

Ice fishing is great because, if you're willing to work and drag your sled, you typically find the good bite. Ice opens the whole lake up to you. Fish tend to taste better in cold water. It's a challenge. The buffer of being cold often times keeps the uninitiated away and the lake to yourself.

Plus, what else are you going to do in the dead of winter?

Corona virus can live on surfaces unless it comes in the mail from Amazon

It does not live in Wal Mart. Lowes or a grocery story, but it is deadly in bars, small business and churches

It does not live on food a long as you get it to go

People who get upset at men who enjoy an adult beverage and a cigar around a campfire

People who like the band, Kiss

men who dont put down the seat or stand close enough ( I saw the dialog in the Corona Joke thread Harley (-: )

1. No opinion, there are a lot shittier bands held in much higher regard

2. Yes, strap em to rockets.

3. Yes, first time I got invited guy tells me to tie a section of rope to two screwdrivers and wrap it around my neck in case I fall thru, said it doesn’t happen often.. Jesus, in the south we just had to worry about mosquitoes. think I’ll just come back in the spring.

4. Your high! , go somewhere close to the ocean and make sure the guy serving it is legit Japanese. There are no great sushi places in Montana by the way. Try some puffer fish sometime..

5. Not as bad as the coconut ones.

Me-

1. Calling Florida Georgia line or Luke Bryan country or any list of best country singers or songs that includes Taylor swift.

2. Labradoodles?

3. People who go to wal mart once a week

4. If I pour my wife a 8 oz glass of wine she’ll drink exactly half but if I make her a 64oz margarita with 10 shots of tequila she’ll still drink exactly half.

5. Why nobody makes a .284 185 gr bullet with a 100 gr solid copper ass end and 85 grns of lead up front, hollow point vld design, that way if I shoot something at 10 or 1000 the bullet still performs..

Last edited:

Boy does this sound like something I would write!
In response:
1) Def Leppard - "What has nine arms and sucks? - Def Leppard"
2) Cats - refer to the feral cat hunting thread. Smoke a pack a day.
3) Ice Fishing -Nope
4) Japanese food - For me that is Thai food, take a bite and run for the toilet.
5) Black Licorice - Yum.

Chihuahua = high strung, hostile, short-haired squirrel whose noise level is in no way commensurate to their size. Worse than cats or labradoodles. Yet people love them. I had a girlfriend years ago, her Chihuahua was constantly an issue.

So chihuahuas are worse than cats, and you still dated a woman who owned one? That didn't send up a red flag anywhere?

Chihuahua = high strung, hostile, short-haired squirrel whose noise level is in no way commensurate to their size. Worse than cats or labradoodles. Yet people love them. I had a girlfriend years ago, her Chihuahua was constantly an issue.
We dog sat a friends chihuahua one time. Stupid thing had a constant erection. I was hoping my Rottweiler would eat it. mtmuley

Me:

1. How anyone can listen to Reba McIntyre (or any similarly twangy) and not want to drive ice picks into their ears

2. WTF are people going UNDER the speed limit doing in the passing lane?

3. Gauges in ones ears.....beside looking just about as stupid as humanly possible, what EVER made these folks think it was OK and since when is it not OK to tell them how idiotic it is?

4. White folks with dreadlocks......see #3

5. People who support abortion but then want gun control to "protect innocent children"

6. Why I can't use use pelletized powder in a muzzleloader in CO

7. Why anyone would drink mass produced American "beer" (Bud, Miller, Coors Light) on purpose when there is Allgauer Hefe or Winter Warlock to be had...

8. How anyone cannot be a dog person ;)

1. People who think anyone "supports abortion." there is no such thing as "pro-abortion"
2. People who think coronavirus is a fake catastrophe - let's talk again when the US death toll hits 1,000,000 in late 2021.
2b. People who refuse to wear a mask out in public to potentially help make things even 1% better because don't "tell me how to freedom."
3. People from the anywhere other than the south who change their voice to sound more southern for music or acting purposes. It sounds stupid and is stupid.
4. Dogs under 40lbs, no exceptions. Beagles should meet the 40lb standard.
5. Beer under 6% ABV
6. Imagine Dragons
7. People who hunt to drink. Go camping, leave the guns/bows and tags out of it.
8. All the negativity I'm feeling right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back