Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Outfitters, WHY do we (you) need 'Em?

I am an outfitter, and when I was younger I could not understand the need for hiring one of us. I asked one the first clients I guided why he bothered to use us, as he obviously was plenty skilled enough to find his way around and kill elk/deer. His reply "someday, when your time is more valuable to you than money, you will understand". It took me about 10 years, but I finally understood.

I am an outfitter, and when I was younger I could not understand the need for hiring one of us. I asked one the first clients I guided why he bothered to use us, as he obviously was plenty skilled enough to find his way around and kill elk/deer. His reply "someday, when your time is more valuable to you than money, you will understand". It took me about 10 years, but I finally understood.
C'mon Eric. Skilled hunters hire outfitters? mtmuley

Big difference, hiring a outfitter, get you setup, then you hunt, on your own . Or you hire a Guide, take the money that fell out of your ass(jls) and pay him.
Also, Eric. Hard to believe?
You better hope your client's don't read these.

I am amazed at the hate for the outfitter on this website. I thought we lived in America where you could be an outfitter if that was your career choice, or be guided by an outfitter because that is the path that you want to take. Seems the cancel culture might be spilling over to hunters. To each their own in the fair chase world in my humble opinion. Carry on you drunken bastards.

Rich

I am amazed at the hate for the outfitter on this website. I thought we lived in America where you could be an outfitter if that was your career choice, or be guided by an outfitter because that is the path that you want to take. Seems the cancel culture might be spilling over to hunters. To each their own in the fair chase world in my humble opinion. Carry on you drunken bastards.

Rich
On Your Own should have tipped you off. mtmuley

Different strokes for different folks. Some people are more exited about the whole process - as opposed to an end result. I’ll probably never go on a real guided hunt but I’ve taken friends and friends have taken me, where it was all but essentially guided minus the transaction part of it.

Rich
I went to a bar one time, and was shocked they served alcohol....

Since you're a Midwest guy why don't you hunt your own local national forests? Perhaps we're tired of out of state guys coming to OUR national forests and taking OUR wildlife and leaving a mess behind.;)
Beat me to it. But I’ll add YOUR national forest and wildlife are in the Midwest 😂 I have some buddies and relatives that guide good people that work hard most of the ones I know are definitely not getting rich.

Big difference, hiring a outfitter, get you setup, then you hunt, on your own . Or you hire a Guide, take the money that fell out of your ass(jls) and pay him.
Also, Eric. Hard to believe?
You better hope your client's don't read these.
What if they do read it? They all know their limitations and have the means to hire him. Hell.....I’m going on a hunt in Colorado next year......with an outfitter. What is someone going to do.....beat me up if they don’t agree with it?

Randy, anyone is free to make a living, just not off OUR wildlife
Most of them guide on private property so why do you care. You can’t hunt there anyways. I guided two buddies on theur first elk hunt last year. They both shot a cow, feed their families and to this day still bring up how awesome it was. What about fishing? You can buy a $30-50k boat. Or hire someone to take you. That’s what I do. And I provide a big whether I catch fish or not. Many hunters do t know how to hunt or can’t get tags. It’s a great way to bring lots of money to local economies. I should guide someone one here for a free hunt so they can shoot OUR animals. Let’s not even talk about lions.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back