Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Outfitters, WHY do we (you) need 'Em?

At the risk of alienating some folks, but hoping to bring this conversation back to sanity...

I kind of agree with this guy even if i disagree with the way he made his case. Here in NM outfitters (read: landowners in many cases) are given a guaranteed percentage of hunts. By giving them a guaranteed percentage of hunts they are by definition reducing opportunity for everyone else in the state. This is a simple fact. Pay more money, get more hunts. This isn't by any means illegal, but it does play into some of the recent outrage over gov's tags and other pay-to-play trophies.

If a person wants to pay to hunt with a guide i say go ahead, i won't judge you; but to distinguish the self hunter from the guided via laws and regs? ...I have to agree with the OP, no matter how poorly he made his argument. Everyone should have an equal draw.

Tend to agree with you, I would not mind at all seeing NM go 90/10 and cut the outfitter allocation out.

NM with it's random system means there will always be people pulling tags for which they need or want help, and there are good, solid guides who can fill that role. There are some dudes out there now that run "outfits" that are just glorified backdoors into the bigger tag pool.

Tend to agree with you, I would not mind at all seeing NM go 90/10 and cut the outfitter allocation out.

NM with it's random system means there will always be people pulling tags for which they need or want help, and there are good, solid guides who can fill that role. There are some dudes out there now that run "outfits" that are just glorified backdoors into the bigger tag pool.
Whoa don’t derail the thread.

Rub it in Lickbags. I am on the wagon for at least another 4 days, so no beers for me tonight. Instead I wrote my MT Senator and Rep to vote NO on SB. We are almost there, so I ask that you contact your legislators and share your thoughts.

Thanks, Buzz Kill Miller.

Carry on and drink one for me.

Hey hunters, SB 306 is up on the floor of both the House and Senate today with three required landowners, and no representation from sportsmen and sportswomen. An amendment is proposed to make it three representatives of sporting organizations. Contact your Rep. and Senator and tell them to vote for balance on the commission, please.

Rub it in Lickbags. I am on the wagon for at least another 4 days, so no beers for me tonight. Instead I wrote my MT Senator and Rep to vote NO on SB. We are almost there, so I ask that you contact your legislators and share your thoughts.

Thanks, Buzz Kill Miller.

Carry on and drink one for me.
Lickbags? We're your friends Miller. 😔

Anyone that says they're on the wagon for atleast another 4 days is lying to themselves, and us.
Reading this thread and looking at all these beer pics ain’t gonna help a man stay on the wagon but beer pics sure are more entertaining than a Midwesterner complaining about people hogging “ their land “ in other states. 😂 Who knows this could be as good as the cheese thread some day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back