Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Oregon Elk Hunt

Ultrahunter

Finally made it back home to Eastern Oregon after way to many years to hunt elk with my family. I really didn't realize how much I missed it.

Showed up on Monday for a Wednesday opener to hang out with my Grandad and get the cabin set up. My family has owned this cabin since the 1940's, lots of great memories and one of my favorite places on earth.
048.jpg

Spent a few days at the Cabin just hanging out and having fun. I could sit there and listen to the stories from my Grandpa and uncles for days!
052.jpg

My cousin Jordan just got done with the football season so he mostly slept the first day we were there.
045.jpg

Finally the season was upon us and it wasn't long before the work began!! I ran into this guy the first evening and decided he was good enough. Wasn't a very hard decision for me.:D
033.jpg

Finally got Jord up and he decided he had to pack the horns.
034.jpg

There has been to many elk and deer to count hanging on this meat-pole. I was proud to hang another one up!
047.jpg

My son even came up for a while to make 4 generations of us up there.
092.jpg

One more picture of Isaac and his great-grandpa.
054.jpg

What a great week and one I won't soon forget. It definatly won't be as long before my next trip home!

Last edited:
WOW! That is awesome!

You have got to be darn proud! Thanks for sharing those pictures and congrats on a great hunt!

Thanks for sharing, must have been cool to have all 4 generations there at once, making the memories.

Congrats on an awesome family memory maker, good job on the bull, and thanks for sharing.

Boy if thats not Old School looking! Love the Pictures of Grandpa and grandson> How about Grandpa's Hunting Shirt, now that is Old School! John BTW, Congrats on the Bull.

That's a tradition I didn't get to enjoy but will definitely be starting. Congrats!

Awesome family hunting times...congrats on your bull. Love the truck in the last picture. I sure miss my 73 longbed.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back