Opener Mule Deer

sweetnectar

Here is the story. My neighbor (Stew), his bother in law, smithrmk, and myself hit the hills this morning. After hiking forever, smithrmk spots this one. We forget about elk and Stew and I put the stock on him. He was grazing along with two smaller bucks. After sacraficing our bodies and comming close to death to get close enough to the buck, Stew and I got into position. Then Stew closed a tough gap and arrowed this beast. This was only Stews second year of archery hunting and I think he's got the hang of it. Hope you guys enjoy.
Stew1.jpg
Now all Stew needs to do is leave his Monster Mulie site alone and spend some time on hunt talk.

Great buck, congrats to Stew. Way too nice of a deer for just a second year of archery hunting.

Nice! I would be stoked with a muley lookin like that! Congrats to your friend!

That is an awesome buck!! congrats to stew. You're really sick in the head Nectar if a buck like that doesn't get you excited. Sick I say. Women have body image issues and you have buck and bull size issues :D

Sweetnectar, you must be like a walking good luck charm! First the boots and now being with Stew to kill this buck.....

Awesome buck!

Sweetnectar, you must be like a walking good luck charm! First the boots and now being with Stew to kill this buck.
Ya I used up all my bad luck trying to draw tags this year. :D

Really this one was all Stew. He knew more about this spot (did lots of scouting) and how to get that buck...I was just a tag along and had a great time getting right close to the action. Thanks for the good time stew.

Oh ya, I know sometimes the pictures can be deceiving but after measuring he grossed 183.:eek:

Ya I knew were whacked when you said oh he'll go 165.:rolleyes: I've been with you when you passed on a bull 30 yards broadside that you thought was like330-340. I know that bull would of been 360 plus. I'm thinking we need to go get your head examined;) and maybe spend a week on watching field judging animals videos. I'm afraid son that you've let some whoppers go that you shouldn't have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back