Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ohio giant, possible new record

M

MN Public Hunter

I would love to see this one drop by my stand !

http://ocj.com/2015/11/a-possible-record-white-tail-deer-taken-in-ohio/

80-popeandyoung_0823fa699f11f00a4c47d571b9e3ef667c3f37f8.jpg

At least it wasn't killed down here in Adams County. After several years of big bucks being taken, it is darn near impossible to find land to hunt unless you want to lease for big money.

Loads of dried bone there. Am I nuts, is he a young deer??.......I see a rather youngish looking face.

What type of vegetation was this photo taken in?

Here's another view of it that surfaced on a text message I got a couple weeks ago. Different view makes it look a little more mature.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,039
From everything i've heard this is a 100% legit and legal harvest. The guy has known of this buck for several years but it isn't a record. I'm hearing low 290's which would still put it at least 10 inches short of Ohio's "hunter taken" record and well short of Ohio's State record. Awesome buck and kudos to the hunter for keeping his knowledge of this deer under wraps for years.

Might not be the biggest in the state this year.

Attachments

• spook.jpg
    spook.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 600
Wow......I wonder what one of those food plots would do to an elk out here....................Those Ohoho bucks are good eating if not fat I hear.

Might not be the biggest in the state this year.

Any story behind this one such as county and weapon and so forth? That is a freaking giant gotta love Ohio deer wish other states had the management/genes going on as they do. I love treking over there.

Any story behind this one such as county and weapon and so forth?

All I know is the hunter is Spook Span, a tv hunter and mega d-bag if you've ever seen any of his shows. Supposedly legal and scores in the 260's but looks bigger to me. I've heard Columbus area but not sure on that, and would have to be bow kill because gun season doesn't open until next monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back