Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ohio deer poaching

Anyone else have any details on this? What I'm seeing is that he didn't have written permission. Your supposed to have written permission here as well but I don't know of a single person who actually does that? I woukd think with the whole mystery behind all the pictures there has to be more to it than just not having a signed piece of paper.

Not trying to pick on you, but this sentence is part of the problem to me. I'm the opposite. This deer is tainted and significantly less interesting now. As soon as poaching comes into play fair chase goes out the window my opinion. Now I couldn't care less about this deer. Wasted potential to me.
That deer is an awesome specimen. Maybe it should be auctioned off, and the funds used for conservation, hunter ed, or law enforcement?

That deer is an awesome specimen. Maybe it should be auctioned off, and the funds used for conservation, hunter ed, or law enforcement?
The fact that the deer was taken illegally, takes nothing away from the animal itself. I’m speaking in general terms as I don’t believe this guy has had due process yet. Outstanding animal irregardless.

This section raises major red flags. What fair chase high character hunter would ever consider selling the buck of a lifetime right after it was harvested? If there was a mentioned financial or health crisis so be it. If there was a great story to go with this buck he would have all sorts of opportunities laid out before him.

“Alexander speculated before the legal problems that the rack might fetch $100,000 or more if the official scoring deemed it a state record. During a phone interview early last month, Alexander said he’d already been offered $20,000 for the antlers before they were officially scored.

He said he was planning to hold out until the official determination and hopefully get the highest price, though he understood certain risk was involved. Which in retrospect now seems somehow ironic.”

This section raises major red flags. What fair chase high character hunter would ever consider selling the buck of a lifetime right after it was harvested? If there was a mentioned financial or health crisis so be it. If there was a great story to go with this buck he would have all sorts of opportunities laid out before him.

“Alexander speculated before the legal problems that the rack might fetch $100,000 or more if the official scoring deemed it a state record. During a phone interview early last month, Alexander said he’d already been offered $20,000 for the antlers before they were officially scored.

He said he was planning to hold out until the official determination and hopefully get the highest price, though he understood certain risk was involved. Which in retrospect now seems somehow ironic.”
Idk $100,000 is a lot of money. Hard to say what one would do if offered it.

It’s more about the timing and how it’s another piece of a sketchy puzzle. I get that money talks, but I really hate this stuff creeping into hunting. This sort of stuff takes trophy hunting to a whole new level. The non-hunting public will love it.
Shot with a crossbow anyway does it really matter at this point?

None of it adds up. I read a lot of stuff on it and watched a bunch of interviews. His story changes alot. My story is vivid in my mind when I shoot a spike let alone a 200 incher. Smells like a few clams I've stumbled into in my drinking days.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back