Ohio deer poaching

I have been a criminal investigator for over 27 years. So many people get caught by their phones. I never understand how people believe they can get away with poaching a trophy animal when there are pictures all over the place of the animal. Their stories are always exposed and they get caught. The old saying “snitches get stitches” comes to mind but…the suspect is the snitch. They can’t help themselves, they poached the animal to get notoriety. That’s what they get but not the way they thought.
The saying we had was what gets criminals caught? Snitches, 3itches, and phones.

How far away is this from the walleye tournament cheaters of last summer?
Pretty sure the walleye guy got caught poaching deer this year too? According to the article also charged woth using counterfeit money at a bowling alley. Yikes

I heard a little of his story. Said he made a terrible first shot and was on 30 acres he could legally hunt. Thats not much real estate and I was thinking he shot it legally but trespassed to recover it? Might explain the night photos as well if they waited for dark to actually drag off the property. Stupid move if he didnt attempt permission to retrieve it but there is a reasonable chance he started out legal? Big deer and good thinking dont always go together. Or maybe he shorted out and full on trespassed from the get go lol. Doesn't really matter at this point there is obviously some evidence that he screwed up somewhere along the way. The deer is awesome regardless

The deer is awesome regardless
Not trying to pick on you, but this sentence is part of the problem to me. I'm the opposite. This deer is tainted and significantly less interesting now. As soon as poaching comes into play fair chase goes out the window my opinion. Now I couldn't care less about this deer. Wasted potential to me.

Not trying to pick on you, but this sentence is part of the problem to me. I'm the opposite. This deer is tainted and significantly less interesting now. As soon as poaching comes into play fair chase goes out the window my opinion. Now I couldn't care less about this deer. Wasted potential to me.

It's not tainted unless/until he is found guilty. Damned early to judge, whether ultimately a case of poaching or not.

No problem. I agree with you. (I think 😂) the end of the deers story sucks. Its not a " trophy" but the buck was awesome growing to that size while it was alive. The hunt or whatever you want to call it doesnt take away from my respect for a deer like that. It shouldnt have ended the way it did but the buck was awesome

One found dead on the road is more interesting

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back