Yeti GOBOX Collection

Taking out my 7-year-old daughter deer hunting

mxracer317

I have about five hunts lined up this year, but my 7-year-old daughter is begging me to take her out for her 1st deer hunt.

I've decided to be the awesome dad and just burn my measly 3 Colorado points. She is my tiny princess and brand-new to big game hunting -she LOVED grouse and pheasant this year, but won't be able to hike a ton.

What I am looking for is an easy hunt, even a decent road hunt would be fine.

I'm not looking for a big buck at all, but a great experience to spend some daddy/daughter time and harvest a deer together.

I've been looking at 2nd season Unit 70, where it's an easy 100% draw from what I've gathered.

Looking for any suggestions in ANY units. Feel free to PM.

Thanks in advance!

The unit really doesn’t matter. I took my 7 year old on her first hunt last fall. Some pointers to make it the best you can. Warm layers, hand and foot warmers, lots of snacks, and the goal is time with your daughter. Don’t leave the warm layers in the truck even if you only think it’s going to be quick. The animal will happen but don’t do it at the expense of the experience with your daughter. Explain what you are doing and why and let them make some decisions even if it doesn’t make sense. It helps them feel involved. Most of all don’t cut corners when it comes to ethics.

The unit really doesn’t matter. I took my 7 year old on her first hunt last fall. Some pointers to make it the best you can. Warm layers, hand and foot warmers, lots of snacks, and the goal is time with your daughter. Don’t leave the warm layers in the truck even if you only think it’s going to be quick. The animal will happen but don’t do it at the expense of the experience with your daughter. Explain what you are doing and why and let them make some decisions even if it doesn’t make sense. It helps them feel involved. Most of all don’t cut corners when it comes to ethics.

Read the whole thread. Maisy is a little trooper for hanging out in the cold for so long! Reading that thread got me excited to take my little girl out too. Now I see why you mentioned not leaving warm layers in the truck. Haha, something I'd totally do too.

Umm… Draw application period for Colorado is already closed for this year. You could try the 2nd draw and see if you can find a left over. But you chances of hunting deer in Colorado for this year are pretty slim in CO.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back