Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Oh yes Wyoming

Nailed it.

Fresh garden tomatoes, lettuce, good bread, and most importantly Nueske’s bacon (cut thick and grilled of course - none of this bake it in the oven crap). Probably the greatest sandwich of all time. Can’t wait till August. But, I digress.

Been itching to try a general deer tag out there. I’d be happy to trade some 2nd choice antelope info (or coordinates) for some general deer intel. Good luck!

Fresh garden tomatoes, lettuce, good bread, and most importantly Nueske’s bacon (cut thick and grilled of course - none of this bake it in the oven crap). Probably the greatest sandwich of all time. Can’t wait till August. But, I digress.

Been itching to try a general deer tag out there. I’d be happy to trade some 2nd choice antelope info (or coordinates) for some general deer intel. Good luck!

It's wild how many Wisconsin guys we run into every year in WY. Our group drew again this year, still 100% success rate with a special tag, despite the increased applications.

It's wild how many Wisconsin guys we run into every year in WY. Our group drew again this year, still 100% success rate with a special tag, despite the increased applications.

Yeah, almost half the guys I ran into last year in WY were from WI. But you know how it is here. I would put WI at the very top of the list as far as the state with the most over the top hunting nuts around.

Yeah, almost half the guys I ran into last year in WY were from WI. But you know how it is here. I would put WI at the very top of the list as far as the state with the most over the top hunting nuts around.

I'm also in Brookfield...small world.

Drew my antelope tags in the same unit as last year. Drew my cow elk tag in a new unit. Should be a fun season.

So here's a funny story:

We pulled a Salmon River permit in Idaho for June 20th this year. Last week as we were putting the boats on the water I realized for the first time that the draw results were available that morning. Thankfully, or maybe not, The River of No Return Wilderness, as it is aptly named DOES NOT have cell service. I sat in the twilight zone of not knowing about my draw results all week until I got home this afternoon. The WY Game and Fish was great to me this year and gave me every tag I applied for! 1 Bull Elk tag, 1 Cow elk tag, x3 antelope and x2 whitetail late season tags. Hopefully I can fill the freezer with at least one! Sometimes it pays to live in ignorance and just enjoy our public lands (See Below)!

IMG952019062395134237.jpg

@wyoelkfan15 CONGRATS! I drew about the same as you except I am buying a general elk and a general deer OTC which are good for any elk and any whitetail deer respectively. Going to have to find another freezer before hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back