Caribou Gear

Oh yes Wyoming

Nada for me. Was in for NR antelope doe tags and the antelope special draw with the hope at getting lucky in the special random draw. I picked right on the unit for the NR special draw and ended up with even odds in the special random to pull a tag in a great unit with a boat load of public land but came down on the wrong side of the coin. And way more people applied for doe tags this year than last in the unit I put in for doe tags. Which is why last year’s odds are only so good for prediction, you never know what will happen this year. Oh well, better luck next year.

Last edited:
Congrats to those that drew! A big let down for dad and I but moved on to the next plan already. I'm not missing another year of hunting out west with my dad, with the wildfire messing up our plans and forcing us to get a refund on our tags last year. Dad wants a stink pig and nice January weather. Maybe a deer too, few birds, antelope sized rabbits... Couldn't tell ya where he got that idea :unsure::LOL: At any rate, time spent with my 74 years young dad is great even without the harvest.

Got skunked today.

I will get to tag along with my father-in-law and grandfather-in-law on their antelope hunt.

Nada for me. Just glanced over this years applications by units and some units are way off from last year. Oh well. I’ll add another point and try with 4 next year

Guys whether you are happy with the results or not, just remember that you can't shoot the tag.

Guys whether you are happy with the results or not, just remember that you can't shoot the tag.

That's next LOL. But what's more important to me than filling the tag each year is getting out there with the guys and in the sticks. It's my stress relief whether I fill every tag or not. I do hope to fill the freezer this year with my 100% draw on all tags I put in for though. :giggle:

I drew an antelope doe tag to go along with my cow elk tag !! Looking forward to another Wyoming visit !!

Managed to log in and I got my 118 deer tag.

Any advice on visiting the Cody area or unit 118 would be greatly appreciated.
$2 private showers at the recreational sports complex after 6 PM.. At least that was the deal a couple years ago.

Can't pull a doe antelope tag with 70% odds, but drew a buck antelope with 7% odds.... I'll be spending a lot of time in WY this fall!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back