Odd Terminology

"Operator culture" or as the kids call it - tacti-cool.

Not sure what that means. I was with a lot of Rangers and Operators. Our kits were always stored ready to go in our plywood cubbyhole. All you had to do was go in the room and get your Kit and you were ready to go. I was as high drag low speed as they come, but it was common language across the board where I was stationed.

Not sure what that means. I was with a lot of Rangers and Operators. Our kits were always stored ready to go in our plywood cubbyhole. All you had to do was go in the room and get your Kit and you were ready to go. I was as high drag low speed as they come, but it was common language across the board where I was stationed.

No disrespect intended. Just meant that a lot of folks out there have adopted that specialized lingo and lifestyle, regardless of service.

No disrespect intended. Just meant that a lot of folks out there have adopted that specialized lingo and lifestyle, regardless of service.

Non taken, but hundreds of thousands youth served and discharged since we went to war. They brought home a lot that is changing culture and Webster’s. Not really any different than any other generation that served in a war time.

My favorites are the guys in fully enclosed, heated box blinds dressed head to toe in Sitka (or similar high end camo). They usually weigh north of 300 lbs too.

My favorites are the guys in fully enclosed, heated box blinds dressed head to toe in Sitka (or similar high end camo). They usually weigh north of 300 lbs too.

You seen the guys dressed in head to toe "scent lock" smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee?

I’m going to hit my milk run tomorrow and see if I can glass up a stud locked down with a doe, then I’ll put a stalk on him and drop the hammer.

On another note, when did it become acceptable to laugh after you shoot something? That’s as odd as it gets. Act like you’ve been there before.

Last edited:
One of the "Solo Huntr" guys likes to say "smack a slick" when talking about shooting a doe on his lease in Oklahoma. Drives me insane.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back