Build your own!

Oak

Expert
*Thanks to Big Fin for letting me post this.

The Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society is raffling a $5,500 credit towards the custom build of your choice with @van franke, owner of Plains Precision Firearms. Van builds incredibly accurate rifles. Below are a couple of examples, but visit his Facebook page to see countless others.

This raffle is only running through September, so purchase early and often. Proceeds go to our Conflict Resolution program to pay for domestic sheep grazing allotment retirements in bighorn sheep habitat. Below are links about two allotment retirements the RMBS has helped to fund recently.

Group buys out one of Ignacio rancher’s high-risk grazing allotments
Pitkin County mulls $32K for bighorn sheep health

Purchase tickets here

If you are on Facebook, a share of the raffle post I've added to the RMBS page would be appreciated. Facebook won't let us promote links about firearms sales or raffles.

6.5 Creedmoor
6.75Lbs Rifle and Scope
Lone Peak Arms Razor TI
Helix 6 Precision 18" 1-8 Twist Barrel
AG Composites Privateer Stock
Hawkins Precision Bottom Metal and Brake
Triggertech Special Trigger
Talley Scope Rings Rings/Base
Leupold Optics VX-5HD 3-15x44

1small.jpg
2small.jpg

830 yards

3small.jpg

28 Nosler
Lone Peak Arms Razor TI
Helix 6 Precision 1-8 barrel
Mesa Precision Arms Altitude stock
Triggertech Special trigger
Hawkins Precision Bottom Metal, and 3 port brake
SWAROVSKI OPTIK Hunting ds 5-25x52

1small.jpg
2small.jpg

830 yards

3small.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, so if I win can I still use the rifle for the goat tag I'll never draw? Do I need to start being rejected for sheep tags now?

So conflicted.

Reactions: Oak
I'd love to win this one, but I won't have any tickets in the bin. I've talked to Van about rifle builds approximately 27 times in the last year.
What are you planning on getting made?

Speaking of inadequate......

My google-fu is weak today. Does this fella have a website that I can't find? I have been dipping my toes into the world of a custom hunting rifle and have been snooping around looking for a builder.

Back