Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado Statewide sheep and mountain goat tags

Oak

Expert
It's that time once again for me to pimp the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society's Colorado statewide sheep and mountain goat raffle tags. Last year, money raised from the auction and raffle of one tag for each species funded over $430,000 in research, habitat enhancement, transplants, and management (and if you're a member of RMBS, I'd be happy to show you the accounting! ;)).

The raffle sheep and goat tag winners can hunt in any open unit, concurrently with the regular season in that unit. Then they can continue hunting until December 31st. With our first archery seasons opening up the first week of August for sheep, that's nearly 5 months of hunting. We also have a statewide pronghorn raffle tag. With that tag, you can hunt with a bow from August 15th (before the regular archery season) until August 31st. Then you can hunt with any weapon in any unit starting September 1st. Last year's sheep raffle winner killed a dandy ram netting over 191".

Page2011-2.jpg

We are also raffling off two custom Weaver Rifles, made by Kevin Weaver in Peyton, Colorado. They are:

Rifle #1:
.300 WSM built on a bench rest trued and skeletonized Reminton 700 action with a Sako extractor
1 in 10" twist 24" Benchmark stainless #3 contour barrel with muzzle brake
McMillan stock, grey/black swirl with 13.5" LOP; Timney trigger
Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 scope, Talley 1-piece base/rings
All metal parts ceramic coated black

300WSMedit.jpg

Rifle #2:
.270 Wby Mag built on a bench rest trued Reminton 700 action with a Sako extractor
1 in 10" twist 24" Benchmark stainless #3 contour barrel with straight flutes and muzzle brake
High Tech sheep hunter stock in brown, with 13.5" LOP; Timney trigger
Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 scope, Talley 1-piece base/rings
All metal parts ceramic coated black and grey

270Wbyedit.jpg

Download an order form for tag and gun raffle tickets HERE. You NEED to mail in your order form in the next week or so!

If you are in the area, please consider joining us at the banquet on April 28th to see your winning raffle ticket pulled in person. We have a great lineup of speakers for the afternoon, including the new director of Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Rick Cables. We will also be joined by two accomplished worldwide sheep hunters, Ron Roderick and Mahlon "Butch" White, who will give presentations on their experiences hunting sheep in Russia and Pakistan respectively. Thanks to our generous supporters, we have an outstanding lineup for the live auction, and exceptional quality in our silent auction and general raffles. This will be the best banquet we have ever hosted. You must pre-register by April 20th at the following link: Banquet info and registration

For those wanting to stay overnight, we have a block of rooms set aside at a special rate at the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Denver. Rooms are available April 27th and 28th. Click here for reservations.

We also have a block of seats at the Rockies-Mets game Friday night before the banquet (April 27th). Join us for some beer and brats! Tickets are $39 each, and proceeds go to RMBS. Coors field is located less than 1 mile from the Magnolia Hotel, making it easy to enjoy the evening in LoDo. To purchase baseball tickets, call Greg Wisener at 970-544-5119.

Here is a sample of items that will be offered in the live auction:

Baja Biosphere desert sheep permit and 10-day guided hunt
4 day Kenai River salmon fishing trip with RW’s Fishing
Marco Polo hunt in Kyrgyzstan with Mid Asian Outfitters
Northwest Territories caribou hunt with Ram Head Outfitters
Alaska caribou hunt (moose upgrade option) with Alaska Trophy Hunts
Alaska wolf pelt ready for taxidermy
Colorado black bear hunt with Sangre de Cristo Outfitters
Greg Brumfield $1,500 taxidermy credit
Mountain lion pelt from NM lion control program
New Zealand tahr hunt with Southern Mountain Adventures
British Columbia black bear hunt with Big Boar Outfitters
Garmin Oregon with 4 state land ownership downloads from huntinggpsmaps.com
Baja Mexico fishing trip for four with Mexico Hunts
Big Cat Taxidermy shoulder mount credit (up to $1,500)
Sitka Gear clothing package
50% credit towards purchase of a Sturtevant Arms rifle

Now that is a mouthful;)

For the ADD types like myself....................

Come to the banquet, buy some raffle tags, help the Rams get more Bling!!:D

P1020364.jpg

P1020366.jpg

P1020369.jpg

Also, if you read between the lines in Oak's post, he guarantees someone will win the Sheep raffle tag that night.

Happy rams with Bling
P1020294.jpg

P1020291.jpg

Sad Rams without Bling

P1020300.jpg

P1020375.jpg

P1020381.jpg

P1020385.jpg

hmmmmmmmm someone from Iowa contacted me and is going to buy some Sheep and gun raffle tickets.

Can an Eastern Tenderfoot really handle the rugged Rockies?

npaden............helping to keep Bling on the Mountain:D

I've read your post wanting to hunt Mtn Goats, I hope you win!

I'm really hoping that with all the working out I've been doing now that I'll extend my window to be in good health to be able to hunt one DIY for a few more years before going the outfitted route in Alaska or Canada.

Just updated my running log and so far in 2012 I've run 387.3 miles in 66 hours 59 minutes and 39 seconds for an overall average pace of 10:23 per mile. It's not hiking in the mountains, but for a flatlander this is about the best thing I think I can do to get there. 66.5 of those miles are on the elliptical machine in hillclimb mode so that at least builds some muscles that I'll need in the fall.

Just updated my running log and so far in 2012 I've run 387.3 miles

I'm not gonna lie, that sounds aweful.

Those are great pics Dinkshooter

Thanks. I wish it had been about 45 minutes later in the evening for better light but they are OK.

I learned an important lesson that day. Rams goofing off above you will roll fairly good sized rocks down hill right at you:eek:

Would I need to have any type of conservation license before purchasing a raffle tag, or can I just buy one and if drawn be able to hunt? It may be in the details but I don't have time to read throughly at the moment! Thanks

There are a ton of pronghorn tickets still available. I was thinking of going all in on pronghorn just because the odds are so good.

There are a ton of pronghorn tickets still available. I was thinking of going all in on pronghorn just because the odds are so good.

You take cash? I am thinking I would do better with a pronghorn tag anyhow, given I plan to draw sheep in MT this year.

You take cash? I am thinking I would do better with a pronghorn tag anyhow, given I plan to draw sheep in MT this year.
Cash works.

If anyone was curious, as of yesterday a person buying the max # of pronghorn tickets would have over 13% of the tickets in the drum.:eek: Of course we will sell more before and during the banquet, but I don't know if we have ever sold 300 tickets total.

Those pronghorn numbers above may be off slightly thanks to our dyslexic treasurer ;), but we have sold less than 200 so far.

A Hunttalker had a good question in a PM. Phone bidding will be available if you are interested in a live auction item and won't be attending. Just PM me and I will get you set up.

Those pronghorn numbers above may be off slightly thanks to our dyslexic treasurer ;), but we have sold less than 200 so far.

dyslexia, ADD, OCD and low IQ. Luckily he is charming.

Last edited:
hmmmmmmmm someone from Iowa contacted me and is going to buy some Sheep and gun raffle tickets.

Can an Eastern Tenderfoot really handle the rugged Rockies?

Just now seeing this after spending some moldy money. Figured I would just drive I-70 or the Big Thompson until one was close enough to the road. :D lower elevation the better to fight off the ear popping.

Would almost be a shame to win the tag...being that I'd need a MR CC pack and some new boots. Definitely a good problem to have.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back