Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

NRA On The Hot Seat - Exposed or Attacked?

You guys have any suggestions for organizations, other than the NRA, to donate to that are fighting for our 2A rights?

I would suggest SAF https://www.saf.org/

Also Most states have a "pro-firearms organization". But be warned, some are worse than what the NRA has become.
Most hunting organizations are strong voices for the 2A. Wildlife advocacy organizations which value the role of hunting in wildlife management also support the 2A. Otherwise, as a citizen your advocacy for 2A rights as a member of school, social, community service, and other such organizations helps continue emphasis on the importance of firearms ownership to our nation ... and reflects the importance of recognizing that law abiding, good citizens are firearms owners, not just criminals, wacko mass shooters, and the lot reflected by the dramatic front page news.

Most hunting organizations are strong voices for the 2A. Wildlife advocacy organizations which value the role of hunting in wildlife management also support the 2A. Otherwise, as a citizen your advocacy for 2A rights as a member of school, social, community service, and other such organizations helps continue emphasis on the importance of firearms ownership to our nation ... and reflects the importance of recognizing that law abiding, good citizens are firearms owners, not just criminals, wacko mass shooters, and the lot reflected by the dramatic front page news.

Small groups spread out by States are pretty much mosquitos on Capital Hill for one of the largest political fights... (Of course simply my opinion) Also many of these pseudo "hunting organizations" falsely represent the purpose of our Second Amendment. I agree, some do actually understand 2A is not about the right to hunt though a person really has to dig into the organization to figure such.

The value of the National Rifle Association is they hold a powerful collective voice. The quality of this IS the shakeup... A better, stronger NRA is essential over that of individual groups spread thin.

My two coppers in exchange for yours. :)

Sytes, the NRA has no problem falsely representing the 2nd and blurring lines with the hunting crowd/issues. You don't crow much about that, and they've been doing it for years.

Not to mention all the other non-related, out in the weeds, issues they muddle around in.

If they would have stayed above board, dropped the cronyism, political hackery, kickbacks, payoffs, and stuck to the 2nd, and only the 2nd, they wouldn't have found themselves in the chit they're in.

These are my missed calls. Nearly all from the NRA.
Obviously I have answered a bunch too and they are not shown.
It’s beyond obnoxious.

380CE632-B307-4CE1-A9E6-8460CC87721E.png
4BBA1B71-AB5D-40B6-8D86-63AACB0AB395.jpegD4DB6CB5-421C-4157-B208-5F81B6767F9E.png

Sytes, the NRA has no problem falsely representing the 2nd and blurring lines with the hunting crowd/issues. You don't crow much about that, and they've been doing it for years.

Buzz, I've done my share of publicly (here and elsewhere) expressing my disappointment over their, "Obama's going to take all our guns", etc. I've expressed my thoughts on public land within messages to NRA... as well. If you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to avoid ranting about your believed impression of the individual Hunt Talk member versus discussing the topic, you might open your eyes long enough to absorb something greater that your sermon on the mount, arrogance.

It is extremely difficult, if not almost impossible to change an organization from the outside.
If you have been on the board of anytype of non profit you would know this to be so.
Just my experience at it, but it is an easier battle to let them go under and rebuild after the rats have left
I agree. But in the meantime, the gun grabbers will have us looking like Venezuela before a new 2nd Amendment organization can get up and running.

I agree. But in the meantime, the gun grabbers will have us looking like Venezuela before a new 2nd Amendment organization can get up and running.
More of the "gun grabber" money-grabbing myth. If you are opposed to background checks, love your bump stocks, and get off on firearms which heretofore were employed primarily by military forces ... then, yes, you do have legitimate concerns. It may be time to rally your new lobby group to generate wealthy executives and wine & dine the DC swamp.

Perhaps that has meaning to you and select others. For this old guy, only ????. Real words have real meaning.
I'm sure it comes as a genuine surprise to you that after 7 pages and 130 posts, a thread could possibly go off the rails.
Whilst our acclaimed colleagues such as mssr Lamb choose to engage the benevolent and multiloquent mssr Noharleyyet in verbal intercourse
and generally lose in spectacular fashion, I chose to be direct, to the point and unfailingly on target, leaving our esteemed colleague
temporarily speechless.
Perhaps you could impose on the punctilious cretin Gerald Martin to restore order to this gregarious colloquium.
Good day to you, Sir.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back