PEAX Equipment

NRA On The Hot Seat - Exposed or Attacked?

I'm sure it comes as a genuine surprise to you that after 7 pages and 130 posts, a thread could possibly go off the rails.
Whilst our acclaimed colleagues such as mssr Lamb choose to engage the benevolent and multiloquent mssr Noharleyyet in verbal intercourse
and generally lose in spectacular fashion, I chose to be direct, to the point and unfailingly on target, leaving our esteemed colleague
temporarily speechless.
Perhaps you could impose on the punctilious cretin Gerald Martin to restore order to this gregarious colloquium.
Good day to you, Sir.
Ben Lamb spectacularly losing in "verbal intercourse"? Methinks not!
Noharleyet "multiloquent" yet temporarily speechless? Not the succinctly descriptive Texan!
Gerald Martin attentive to detail, but stupid? Frequently the former; certainly not the latter!
Post #136, a tragic case of grammatical mutilation.

With the turmoil in the NRA, it seems Uncle Ted is recommending joining the United States Concealed Carry Association. He said, "you should really join the United States Concealed Carry Association like my family has! They will insure & cover us when we legitimately use our concealed weapons to save lives. Their magazine is amazing and they have great gun and equipment giveaways. USCCA 1-877-677-1919".
Whats your (respectful) thoughts?

With the turmoil in the NRA, it seems Uncle Ted is recommending joining the United States Concealed Carry Association. He said, "you should really join the United States Concealed Carry Association like my family has! They will insure & cover us when we legitimately use our concealed weapons to save lives. Their magazine is amazing and they have great gun and equipment giveaways. USCCA 1-877-677-1919".
Whats your (respectful) thoughts?

I'm sure that's a very respectable organization but his pitch sounds suspiciously like Carry Guard™.

I am aware that their are a lot of folks that don't much care for Ted. I'm not trying to insult anyone. I guess I should have left that part out. Maybe United States Concealed Carry Association is a good organization that can be considered, that's my curiosity. I'm not trying to support or uplift Ted. I suppose if we avoid anything endorsed by ted, we may as well stop hunting to because he endorse hunting as well. While we are at it, stop listening to music, stop buying hunting equipment endorsed by him like arrows, stop contributing to the charities he contributes to, and the list goes on. I'm not going to stop buying gas because someone I don't care for buys the same gas. Hating someone, and/or not agreeing with someone doesn't mean stop utilizing the things that he/she are associated with or uses too.
The question is/was about the organization.
Sorry, that's my opinion...

Can't stand Ted's politics or personality , but still blast stranglehold when it comes in.

Good post, losing.

I am aware that their are a lot of folks that don't much care for Ted. I'm not trying to insult anyone. I guess I should have left that part out. Maybe United States Concealed Carry Association is a good organization that can be considered, that's my curiosity. I'm not trying to support or uplift Ted. I suppose if we avoid anything endorsed by ted, we may as well stop hunting to because he endorse hunting as well. While we are at it, stop listening to music, stop buying hunting equipment endorsed by him like arrows, stop contributing to the charities he contributes to, and the list goes on. I'm not going to stop buying gas because someone I don't care for buys the same gas. Hating someone, and/or not agreeing with someone doesn't mean stop utilizing the things that he/she are associated with or uses too.
The question is/was about the organization.
Sorry, that's my opinion...

See that's where I differ. In my opinion, Ted is an @ss. I genuinely hope at some time in my life I get to see him fade completely away from the 2A, hunting, and outdoor industry. If I choose to not give my hard earned money to USCCA because they paid Ted to endorse them, it's because I'm voting with my dollar. My wife and I also give monthly to several other 501(c)3 charities that deal with causes we feel strongly about... but... BUT... if any of them paid money (which hypothetically could be my $1) to that pant soiling, draft dodging, POACHER, they would not see a single dime from me ever again. I've been a member of RMEF since I was 8... that's 32 years of support over some years where $35 wasn't an expenditure coming out of petty cash... it meant something. If RMEF put him on their board, or sponsored his TV show, or whatever, good bye RMEF membership.

The statements about not supporting hunting because hunting is endorsed by Ted is a logical fallacy in my mind. Hunting isn't an organization. Hunting is a big ol general term. I don't have any clue what kind of arrows he shoots, but if he's on someones payroll for that endorsement, I'm out. I'm not stopping buying gas because someone I don't care for buys the same gas, I'm choosing to vote with my dollars and buy the same product (gas) from someone else. Chevron/Shell/BP doesn't matter... my truck burns it just the same.

That's just my humble opinion though. More often than not, I'm wrong. The older I get, the smarter I used to be.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back