MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

NRA On The Hot Seat - Exposed or Attacked?

Actually they are a tax exempt non-profit organization. Issue isn't them turning a profit, the issue is Wayne Lapierre using donations for his personal slush fund, which is illegal under tax exempt law.

Like I said the NRA can correct itself but it will require LaPierre to resign his post, which he won't because I hear he is a pretty arrogant chump so most likely he will be dragged through criminal proceedings and let the NRA get dragged down right along with him.

I could be wrong but I think there are a cluster of legal entities and associated organizations - some non-profit and some for profit - that get generally referred to as the NRA.

Most advocacy groups have at least two entities - one for non-profit work and one for lobbying work - with an interconnected web of leadership and coordination. Some then add for profit entities to capture more funds from members and partners. It’s all driven by tax and lobbying rules.

I could be wrong but I think there are a cluster of legal entities and associated organizations - some non-profit and some for profit - that get generally referred to as the NRA.

Most advocacy groups have at least two entities - one for non-profit work and one for lobbying work - with an interconnected web of leadership and coordination. Some then add for profit entities to capture more funds from members and partners. It’s all driven by tax and lobbying rules.
Probably, I am neither an accountant, lawyer or politician, so the fine points escape me. That aside the issue is LaPierre misdirecting funds for his personal use, if I understand the NY DA claims against him/the NRA. My point still stands LaPierre has to go.

LaPierre hasta... among others who continue to dismiss issues NRA members have messaged. I'm a life member from a long ago family present.

They need to wipe their ass with lysol wipes... couple containers worth. Do I asap. Declare restructure, bring Oly back as a sign of change and get NRA back in the proud member, heavy hitter Lobby club for our 2A rights.

Can’t believe I ever gave money to a group that used my money to get the CEO’s wife her haircuts. Only a member for two years tho. Hopped off when they wouldn’t quit calling me and asking me about Trump.

they are a private business concern looking to turn a profit. That's what they are supposed to do and they seem pretty good at it.
If they were a private business they would not have been given tax-exempt status. I guess that was a good way to launder russian $$.

The National Rifle Association acted as a "foreign asset" for Russia in the period leading up to the 2016 election, according to a new investigation unveiled Friday by Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore.

Drawing on contemporaneous emails and private interviews, an 18-month probe by the Senate Finance Committee's Democratic staff found that the NRA underwrote political access for Russian nationals Maria Butina and Alexander Torshin more than previously known — even though the two had declared their ties to the Kremlin.

Maria Butina Says She Was 'Building Peace.' That's Not How The Feds See It
The report, available here, also describes how closely the gun rights group was involved with organizing a 2015 visit by some of its leaders to Moscow.

Then-NRA vice president Pete Brownell, who would later become NRA president, was enticed to visit Russia with the promise of personal business opportunities — and the NRA covered a portion of the trip's costs.

If they were a private business they would not have been given tax-exempt status. I guess that was a good way to launder russian $$.

The National Rifle Association acted as a "foreign asset" for Russia in the period leading up to the 2016 election, according to a new investigation unveiled Friday by Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore.

Drawing on contemporaneous emails and private interviews, an 18-month probe by the Senate Finance Committee's Democratic staff found that the NRA underwrote political access for Russian nationals Maria Butina and Alexander Torshin more than previously known — even though the two had declared their ties to the Kremlin.

Maria Butina Says She Was 'Building Peace.' That's Not How The Feds See It'Building Peace.' That's Not How The Feds See It
The report, available here, also describes how closely the gun rights group was involved with organizing a 2015 visit by some of its leaders to Moscow.

Then-NRA vice president Pete Brownell, who would later become NRA president, was enticed to visit Russia with the promise of personal business opportunities — and the NRA covered a portion of the trip's costs.
My money is not on those two bit Russians is has to be those space aliens surrounding the aircraft carriers. Just wait till that report drops.

For the record I am an endowment member and we bought our 2 kids life memberships when they turned 18.
That was a while back.
I am discusseded with what happened to the nra ! But for those of us who choose to try to help protect our second amendment rights they were the organization that many of us felt was the best we could get. And probably strongly suspected a lot of hands getting greased.
Thanks Randy. You stepped out n shined more light on this issue. Lots of others could have and didn't. Leadership.
For me I'm still proud to be a member of the nra. I'm proud to do all I can to protect our 2nd amendment rights. I will not contribute money to the nra until I know it is spent how members expect. And will continue to try to demand accountability to the organization that has probably provided the most 2nd amendment protection in government.
My suggestion would be to start over, there's still a few good folks around so I am careful not to use the shotgun approach. But a good sniper approach would probably make a few heads disappear on their own.
The anti hunting- gun using folks continue to divide us. Statesmanship amongst us all is needed.
BTW the best thing you can do help this issue get better is to go buy a few boxes of bullets or a new gun. Go shooting. Hunting. Take one make one. We're loosing outdoors folks way to much now. Stay positive, demand accountability for your money. Keep fighting the fight. Our differences is our strength.

I am a life member and have also been dismayed by all the revelations. However, I still believe the NRA to be bigger than one man. In my lifetime I have seen them as a potent and feared political force.

That being said, I do think it is time to see LaPierre go. I am not expecting the replacement to be much better though. LaPierre is a perfect fit and product of his environment (Washington DC). There are some politicians, bureaucrats, and lobbyists there that are less “spitty” than others, but every single one of them is a turd at some level. Some are gigantic piles - elephant size piles - while others are cow pile sized. None, not a single one, is a rabbit pellet sized turd.

If this stand was addressed thoroughly it would be like a neutron bomb going off in DC and every capitol city in the nation - pretty buildings, no people.

I'm ok with that. I've run a PAC. Never once talked to the candidate or their people. It's not difficult to follow the very lax laws on this issue. I've run a 501 (C)3, same thing. It's easy to stay above board & not run afoul of the easy to understand laws. I've worked with 501(C)4's too. Not terribly difficult to follow the law.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back