Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Noticed some changes

gouch

I was looking at the regs. for 2023 and noticed a few changes. First, the starting date for all the seasons seems to have been bump up a week. Not sure how I feel about that. Down here in the SW part of the state during archery season, they made the Powers unit a traditional archery only unit. I only hunt with traditional equipment, but the Powers Unit just seems to get steeper and steeper every year, so I probably won't be hunting it much. Then they added a new deer hunt, during the rut, in the Dixon unit. I have been wanting them to add a muzzleloader hunt in the Dixon unit ever since I started muzzleloader hunting some 25 years ago. Now they added an any legal weapon hunt. I suppose I could apply for it and use my muzzleloader but there are only 15 tags and since I only have 3 points, I am probably better off using them on an Applegate muzzleloader tag.

I made a mistake on that. The powers unit is still any archer equipment, but they added a late season that is traditional archery only. Still too steep.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back