PEAX Equipment

Not about "Women" hunters, simply about a "hunter"...

onpoint

Along the lines of the womens hunting experience thread.....
And relating to the "women are tough" thread, I agree. My hunting partner, a woman, my wife - is tough.
I find it difficult to even refer to my wife as a "woman" hunter. She is just a plain hunter. And a "tough" one. She hunts (read - puts up with while hunting) with me, so that alone is her qualifier. We hunt an awful lot - 4 months straight. Birds, antelope, turkeys, birds, deer, birds, elk, birds.... She climbs hand over feet, slides on her ass down, sits waiting for a river bottom whitetail buck in -14f, belly crawls for an hour through pricklies for a shot at an antelope. Packs meat on her back, endures a mentally and emotionally draining wounded antelope track - finishes a crippled buck with tears in her eyes, loves hunting turkeys. Chases our dogs to the Bridger Ridge in a snow/sleet storm, hunts coulee roosters behind our girls for an entire day, and ties some killer flies to boot. Cried when she saw our injured pup the other day. Cuts our meat. I help wrap - she's more meticulous and better at the cutting than I.
She doesn't have the luxury of hunting with other women, just me.😟 Doesn't know any other dedicated female hunters. 30 years of hunting together has been great as well horrible for our relationship - but she endures - tough......
Best of and worst of times. Maybe somebody out there understands this all too well. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
She was out last season with a pending rotator surgery. Now recuperated and chomping at the bit for antelope on the Montana prairie in a couple weeks.
Like I mentioned, she's not a woman hunter - she's a hunter........
ridge.JPGslipslide.JPGtbuck.JPGant.jpgdone.JPG2017.JPG

I'm more than happy to do all the field dressing activities, and use her killer Salmonfly patterns in the "off season".
See if our 34 year marriage survives another season afield.........................

Along the lines of the womens hunting experience thread.....
And relating to the "women are tough" thread, I agree. My hunting partner, a woman, my wife - is tough.
I find it difficult to even refer to my wife as a "woman" hunter. She is just a plain hunter. And a "tough" one. She hunts (read - puts up with while hunting) with me, so that alone is her qualifier. We hunt an awful lot - 4 months straight. Birds, antelope, turkeys, birds, deer, birds, elk, birds.... She climbs hand over feet, slides on her ass down, sits waiting for a river bottom whitetail buck in -14f, belly crawls for an hour through pricklies for a shot at an antelope. Packs meat on her back, endures a mentally and emotionally draining wounded antelope track - finishes a crippled buck with tears in her eyes, loves hunting turkeys. Chases our dogs to the Bridger Ridge in a snow/sleet storm, hunts coulee roosters behind our girls for an entire day, and ties some killer flies to boot. Cried when she saw our injured pup the other day. Cuts our meat. I help wrap - she's more meticulous and better at the cutting than I.
She doesn't have the luxury of hunting with other women, just me.😟 Doesn't know any other dedicated female hunters. 30 years of hunting together has been great as well horrible for our relationship - but she endures - tough......
Best of and worst of times. Maybe somebody out there understands this all too well. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
She was out last season with a pending rotator surgery. Now recuperated and chomping at the bit for antelope on the Montana prairie in a couple weeks.
Like I mentioned, she's not a woman hunter - she's a hunter........
View attachment 115416View attachment 115417View attachment 115418View attachment 115419View attachment 115420View attachment 115421

I'm more than happy to do all the field dressing activities, and use her killer Salmonfly patterns in the "off season".
See if our 34 year marriage survives another season afield.........................
Had a good Un',she thru the hook and swam back to mingle in with all the other fish in the sea. 🔥

My hunting partner, a woman, my wife - is tough.
I find it difficult to even refer to my wife as a "woman" hunter. She is just a plain hunter. And a "tough" one.
I couldn't agree with this more. My wife is the same way. I don't tell others that she is a "woman hunter", I say she hunts and fishes with me, a lot.

Looks like the past 34 years have been good and that it'll last another 34 years (plus some). Now, you've got me wondering what kind of pronghorn she'll get this year, update when it happens please.

Excellent post, and I share the same feelings toward my wife. Drug her on a cross-country roadtrip for MT mule deer hunt last year and no complaints....one of the best weeks of our life.

Some of my favorite hunts of all times were in Alaska and Canada when we took a float plane and were dropped off for a Caribou hunt, or a river float hunt for moose, and as I have mentioned before we loved using horses (sometimes mules ) in Arizona, New Mexico, , Colorado, and riding into the back country to hunt. I dont hear of hunters "spike camping" as much as I used to.

Panda Bear and three other females canoed the entire length of the Yukon river a few years ago. There are two male members of this forum that will remember that outing.

Onpoint, Boomerusaf, Gapointer, and just yesterday--Addicting's wife got her speed goat --------congratulations to all of these, "hunters"

Addicting and Onpoint---thanks for sharing and congratulations to you and your wives.

Last edited:
on point , good for her and you

The Alaska Regulations always post pictures of families, women, children in their regulations. Some pretty cool pictures. Chelonia with her muskox, Justin with his bear, Aiden with her moose, two females and a male are all 11 and twelve years old. I also enjoyed the picture of the 7 year old who got his first snowshoe hare with a bow and arrow. (19/20 Regs ) For even more pictures of young females and their harvest check out the 18/19 Alaska Regs.

Some of my favorite hunts of all times were in Alaska and Canada when we took a float plane and were dropped off for a Caribou hunt, or a river float hunt for moose, and as I have mentioned before we loved using horses (sometimes mules ) in Arizona, New Mexico, , Colorado, and riding into the back country to hunt. I dont hear of hunters "spike camping" as much as I used to.

Panda Bear and three other females canoed the entire length of the Yukon river a few years ago. There are two male members of this forum that will remember that outing.

Onpoint, Boomerusaf, Gapointer, and just yesterday--Addicting's wife got her speed goat --------congratulations to all of these, "hunters"

Addicting and Onpoint---thanks for sharing and congratulations to you and your wives.
Europe I may have asked you this before,What part of Az. did you live in,
and when was it?Wondering if we were here during some of the years I've been in Az.
which started in 1964.Thanks ,DC. 🔥

There are women hunters and then there are hunters who happen to be women. I have hunted with both and don't mind either although the latter it's easy to forget their gender when hunting because it's really no different than hunting with guys due to their skill, experience, attitude, toughness, etc

There are women hunters and then there are hunters who happen to be women. I have hunted with both and don't mind either although the latter it's easy to forget their gender when hunting because it's really no different than hunting with guys due to their skill, experience, attitude, toughness, etc

There's word salad, then there's salad made of words.
However, your impressive wordsmithing does not applies to the subject of my post. :)
"simply about a hunter"......
BTW, she prefers a grilled antelope backstrap - which she cut on our kitchen counter - with her salad.............................

Self admitted in the original post.
Reiterated and reaffirmed by kansasdad.
"No shit"! is your best shot at a simple redundancy?
This whole "like button" culture has really dumbed down the forum.:p
At least people used to have to think of at least a sentence - when asked "jagetchyerelk"? - before the advent of facebook technology on HT.
Well, at least most people besides tjones..........................................................

Reactions: Hem
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back